JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dumba$$eS…. They should've gone to trade school and learned something that'd be useful when they get too old for anyone to be interested in looking at them, instead of Whore University.
I know a dancer who made almost $100k off of ONE client last year and she says he hasn't gotten past the start of the 45ft lane on the way to first base.

If I could make money off being naked, I'd do it. Magic 'Gerts

I know a dancer who made almost $100k off of ONE client last year and she says he hasn't gotten past the start of the 45ft lane on the way to first base.

If I could make money off being naked, I'd do it. Magic 'Gerts
Careful with that-there are all types out there!

With my own amateur testing the pouch I got from Amazon, and a standard cheap handgun "safe" work just fine to block all cellphone signals.

1638747277633.jpeg

Pandemic + EMP/CME == ???

I handle pandemics by vaccines + isolation (spend 99% of my time home on the mountain) + sanitation/etc.

YMMV

Was only trying to point out that any state actor who wanted to take us down, would look at what occurred with covid and put their resources into sending over a much nastier virus, say, something that kills withing a day of exposure, rather than taking the chance that an EMP would be discovered and traced back to them. Imagine that they have developed both a "lite' and nasty version of the virus AND also the vaccine which covers both before the launch of the "lite' virus. Assuming that the first virus had a vaccine which covered the less deadly first "covid" version, AND covered a much more deadly version already developed but that will be sent out later, 2 years after the 'lite' one. No one wants to take the lite virus vaccine, but the .gov keeps going off how important that is. Once everyone that is a sheep, like me, gets the first vaccine, then later they release the nasty one which kills everyone who didn't get the vaccine which was to cover the first 'lite' virus.

Given how easy it is to do biologic weapons, why waste your time and money on developing a nuclear round which maximizes the EMP?

Was only trying to point out that any state actor who wanted to take us down, would look at what occurred with covid and put their resources into sending over a much nastier virus, say, something that kills withing a day of exposure,
The problem with such a virus is that it kills too quickly to spread. The ideal virus for bio warfare would be highly contagious, but asymptomatic for a period that is long enough for it to be widespread, then highly lethal (to a high percentage of those infected) in a short period of time.

The problem with such a virus is that it kills too quickly to spread. The ideal virus for bio warfare would be highly contagious, but asymptomatic for a period that is long enough for it to be widespread, then highly lethal (to a high percentage of those infected) in a short period of time.
Which they likely already have made. The point I was trying to make remains: ie, why would a country need to work on and develop an EMP device (which is complex and expensive) when they can simply make a virus and release it on their enemy.

So what's the solution? A preemptive elimination of the source? :s0092:
I am not sure.

The article seems to approach the solution from the perspective of the problem being one of privacy, rather than EMP/CME

As I mentioned, I am not really worried about that aspect. Not that I am worried a lot about EMP/CME either, but the issue does come up frequently with preppers. Distance and line of sight play a large part with EMP.

With CME line of sight seems to me to be more of an issue; distance is pretty much known. If a CME happens, then the length of the CME will be an issue; if the duration of the CME is short enough and it hits the earth on the opposite side from where I am located, then it will affect my electronics less, maybe not at all.

It also seems to me that with EMP, my electronics may be far enough away and at least partially shielded by a building and/or terrain. In that case, the pulse may be so weak that 10db reduction would be enough to prevent damage. Or I might not be so lucky.

My plan is to use static protection bags around the devices, then place those in an Otter/Pelican case for impact protection, then place that case in a metal ammo box where the rubber gasket has been replaced with a wire mesh gasket and the contact surfaces for the gasket have had the paint removed to make for a better electrical connection.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top