JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thank you. A follow up question: are most private table sellers (any state really) willing to package/ship a firearm to an out-of-state FFL, or is too much hassle for most?
That is all a matter of cost/ vs hassle. Anyone who is selling anything will of course do what the buyer wants if the buyer is willing to pay. The magic word here is pay. If you see a gun at a show in another state the only thing that makes the deal yes or no is cost. How much does the buyer want to ship to your dealer. Then of course when price is set is it worth it to you? As in the final cost still make the gun the price you want.

In my case I've been looking for one particular revolver in as-new condition for several years. We have friends/relatives in both Idaho and Montana and, I am considering timing my next couple of visits to coincide with a show or two there. Really just thinking out loud. Thanks

In my case I've been looking for one particular revolver in as-new condition for several years. We have friends/relatives in both Idaho and Montana and, I am considering timing my next couple of visits to coincide with a show or two there. Really just thinking out loud. Thanks
Assuming those states can still just walk in and buy from private parties there, and you see what you have been looking for, what I would do is have the person who lives there buy the gun. Then find an FFL here to work with you. Have the person there send the gun to your FFL here who will then jump you through the legal hoops here to transfer your gun to you. This way assuming you find that hard to find item, you can grab it up while it's there. Easy to find out cost ahead of time for what your favorite FFL in this state wants to do this. Then as you shop in other states you know ahead of time what the total will be when looking for that gun.
I take it you also have been watching the auctions? I have always been leery of using them (auctions) to buy from private parties but have bought from dealers with great rating and never had a problem. If you can find what you want there works same way. Find an FFL you like here to do the transfer for you and you may well end up with that gun you've been wanting to get your hands on.
Last of course if you get it make sure you share some pics so the rest of us can drool and be jealous:D

Assuming those states can still just walk in and buy from private parties there, and you see what you have been looking for, what I would do is have the person who lives there buy the gun. Then find an FFL here to work with you. Have the person there send the gun to your FFL here who will then jump you through the legal hoops here to transfer your gun to you. This way assuming you find that hard to find item, you can grab it up while it's there. Easy to find out cost ahead of time for what your favorite FFL in this state wants to do this. Then as you shop in other states you know ahead of time what the total will be when looking for that gun.
I take it you also have been watching the auctions? I have always been leery of using them (auctions) to buy from private parties but have bought from dealers with great rating and never had a problem. If you can find what you want there works same way. Find an FFL you like here to do the transfer for you and you may well end up with that gun you've been wanting to get your hands on.
Last of course if you get it make sure you share some pics so the rest of us can drool and be jealous:D
I have purchased several relatively inexpensive firearms from private sellers on auction sites over the years...never had a problem but that's just my experience. Would certainly do it again but never with a ton of money at risk.
I am wanting a particular revolver designed by a distant relative Merwin Hulbert in New York around the turn of the 20th century. I've seen several but they have all been too 'used' for my liking since it will be strictly a display piece.

I have purchased several relatively inexpensive firearms from private sellers on auction sites over the years...never had a problem but that's just my experience. Would certainly do it again but never with a ton of money at risk.
I am wanting a particular revolver designed by a distant relative Merwin Hulbert in New York around the turn of the 20th century. I've seen several but they have all been too 'used' for my liking since it will be strictly a display piece.
Yea I kind of figured when you said something harder to find you would be talking about some good amount of money. Good luck, hope you can lay hands on the one you're after.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top