Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Family Fun Day Sucess

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by MarkAd, Sep 6, 2012.

1. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

This first paragraph was written by a club officer
    If you want an example of how your club dues and volunteer time impact our community then please read the following letter regarding our recent Family Fun Day. We owe a big "Thank You" to those that coached shooters, juggled duties between rifle and pistol lines, offered their personal firearms, ammo and, most importantly, their patience and good will towards our special visitors. Over 8,000 rounds of 22LR went downrange along with plenty of grins and giggles from every age group.
    This letter was sent to KRRC after the author and his family attended family fun day.
    By the way the youngest NEW shooter was 3 y/o he had about 80% hits.

Letter to the the club

To the Membership, Range Officers, Club Officers and Executive Director;

I would like to take this opportunity to say, Thank You. I attended your Family Fun Day with my two youngest daughters, ages 6 and 8. Today was the first time that either of them had ever used a firearm. They had anticipated this day all week long, reminding me to the point of frustration not to forget. During our visit to the fair, my wife had passed by your booth and one of my children apparently told one of the volunteers, "My daddy has the same shirt as you!"

Having literally grown up around firearms my entire life, both for pleasure and for work, today was one of my proudest moments ever, when I watched both of my daughters pick up a rifle and hit the silhouette on their very first pull of the trigger. The second proudest moment was realizing they have the same taste in firearms I do. And Steve, they loved your Ruger SR-22 Rifle! And to the owner of the Ruger 22 Charger, yours was a very close second on their list. My 6 year old absolutely loved it. Personally, I would take either one with equal enthusiasm.

For all of this, I thank you. I thank you for the moment I had today with my daughters; A moment that I will never, ever forget. I want to say thank you to all those who donated their firearms, their time, their work and their ammunition to provide this tremendous opportunity to families across our county.

I thank you for the service you provide our community, our military, our law enforcement and our country. And I thank you for standing in the face of adversity, tenaciously protecting the rights of all Americans given under the Constitution of the United States of America.

With Warmest Regards and God Bless,

Steven J. Stewart

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
    mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.