JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The poll actually doesn't surprise me one bit.....it only takes a quick browsing through the for sale section in this very web site to see plenty of sellers right here won't sell their firearms unless someone does one.
"Meet at FFL" or they won't sell to someone that doesn't have a concealed carry permit, not surprised one bit.

I posted a rifle for sale last year (arms list IIRC) and I said I would do a BGC, but then I learned it required the serial # for the rifle - i.e., de-facto registration. That is when I removed that requirement.

If I thought it would only scare off unqualified buyers, I would say I required it and then not do it - but some qualified buyers might rightly decline to buy if they can't get a firearm without de-facto registration, and I would not blame them.

Mostly I think sellers are placing whatever restrictions they ask for in order to protect themselves should the firearm be misused later, or this turn out to be a BATF sting or a news media expose.

Good! I'm glad when laws go unenforced. What you're complaining about "what police choose to enforce" thats called officer discretion and its more relevant to freedom than any law will ever be. Taking away their choice to enforce via their own discretion, is akin to having robots enforcing laws. An individual citizens discretion, to willingly choose to follow or break a law is also important and needed for what little freedom is left.

The problem: "stupid law" gets passed; decent cops, prosecutors, judges, government bureaucrats show common sense and use their discretion to not enforce "stupid law"; citizens get used to breaking "stupid law"; down the road, corrupt/oppressive cops, prosecutors, judges, government bureaucrats use their discretion vis-a-vis the "stupid law" that everybody breaks to SELECTIVELY arrest, imprison, and otherwise persecute their opponents.

This level of "discretion" in the hands of government agents is an anathema to the fundamentals of both true conservative and true liberal political philosophies, is the most common mechanism by which nominally free societies mutate into tyrannies.

If your freedom depends on government authorities not exercising that authority on their own discretion, then you are by definition not free.

The problem: "stupid law" gets passed; decent cops, prosecutors, judges, government bureaucrats show common sense and use their discretion to not enforce "stupid law"; citizens get used to breaking "stupid law"; down the road, corrupt/oppressive cops, prosecutors, judges, government bureaucrats use their discretion vis-a-vis the "stupid law" that everybody breaks to SELECTIVELY arrest, imprison, and otherwise persecute their opponents.

This level of "discretion" in the hands of government agents is an anathema to the fundamentals of both true conservative and true liberal political philosophies, is the most common mechanism by which nominally free societies mutate into tyrannies.

If your freedom depends on government authorities not exercising that authority on their own discretion, then you are by definition not free.

This isn't new information I stated but unless you are willing to break the law in regards to unconstitutional laws, no you are not free. I'm not talking about whatever the supreme court rules in their discretional opinion either. I'm talking about the decisions that stem from each and every individuals own discretion.

This thread should go away.
Posting to it only helps propagate it in the search engines and promote the lefts lies.
Many thousands only read the title lead ins when searching the net.

Seriously, if you want to title a thread, do it so it speaks in favor of guns.
I was just searching for truthful polls and this damned thing came up more than a dozen times in google. Anything from this forum goes global in seconds.
Joe has done a good job getting it out there, lets use it to our benefit, not against us.
Or at least change the title to "false and biased poll........." that can be done in edit and then advanced...

Governments are made up of individuals and the most dangerous individuals have always done their deeds in the name of a government.

Governments are mediocre at manipulation but masters at creating misery.

My 2cents on any need for consolidated power brought about by consensus.

if they really "believe" that 80% of oregonians want expanded background checks, and if there is the risk that such a bill won't pass the senate, then there shouldn't be any problem if the issue were brought to a popular referendum. because the democrats aren't letting the voters "decide," the masses really don't support such a fascistic bill.

Just looking at the oregonlive and a few things stand out to me;
1) Being good politicians, they sight the one poll number that supports their cause. But the same poll also shows...
2) Question #1 a majority support gun ownership over gun-control
3) Question #2 a majority support enforcing existing laws over creating new laws
4) Question #4 a majority did not support the federal gun proposals at the beginning of 2013
5) Question #5 Improve mental health support and review/improve school safety polled higher. What has been done to improve these issues, or is the focus just on gun-control?
6) THIS POLL IS OVER 1 YEAR OLD at this point. Conducted ~6 weeks after Newton when emotions were still high and we were still trying to understand what happened. Opinions have changed since then.
7) when people are informed of the differences between current law and what exactly the new laws for expanding background checks are, support falls to 40%, as this national poll shows: Americans Don't Think 'Universal Background Checks' Extension for Gun Shows Are Needed, National Poll Finds | NSSF Blog

And just a little bit more info about that 40%.
<broken link removed>

Note: while Portland urban area is very different from the rest of the state, it is representative of the population as a whole.

Or at least change the title to "false and biased poll........." that can be done in edit and then advanced...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top