JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Got this email back from Senator Hass's aide, Kayla Wade. Does anyone know about a poll that claims 81% percent of Oregonians favor background check expansions or is she spouting liberal BS? I asked for more facts concerning the validity of this poll, but I have a feeling the only response back I'll get is the sound of crickets. I'd like to have more facts so that I can throw it back in their faces as being liars or just plain out of touch with reality.

"Dear Mr. ******,

Thank you for your message. Senator Hass appreciates your feedback.

Gun control is no doubt a very pertinent topic. Currently, Oregon law requires that licensed dealers and those participating in gun shows to run background checks on potential customers before selling them a gun. The current proposed legislation would expand these background checks to private sellers. This is in an effort to prevent persons who could not buy a gun under the current law at a gun show from buying a gun from a private party. The purpose is to ensure the safety of all Oregonians.

Though many may be opposed to expansion of background checks, a recent non-partisan poll found that 81% of Oregonians are in favor of this particular expansion, that is requiring private parties to conduct background checks, excluding family members. While it may seem inconvenient to run background checks on long-term friends, the intent is to increase gun safety in Oregon, and Senator Hass is in favor of keeping Oregon safe.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again by phone or email.

Best,
Kayla Wade

Kayla Wade
Legislative Aide
Senator Mark Hass
District 14 - Washington County/Beaverton/Aloha/SW Portland

Last Edited:
Simply Bullcrap !

Got this email back from Senator Hass's aide, Kayla Wade. Does anyone know about a poll that claims 81% percent of Oregonians favor background check expansions or is she spouting liberal BS? I asked for more facts concerning the validity of this poll, but have I a feeling the only response back I'll get is the sound of crickets. I'd like to have more facts so that I can throw it back in their faces as being liars or just plain out of touch with reality.

"Dear Mr. ******,

Thank you for your message. Senator Hass appreciates your feedback.

Gun control is no doubt a very pertinent topic. Currently, Oregon law requires that licensed dealers and those participating in gun shows to run background checks on potential customers before selling them a gun. The current proposed legislation would expand these background checks to private sellers. This is in an effort to prevent persons who could not buy a gun under the current law at a gun show from buying a gun from a private party. The purpose is to ensure the safety of all Oregonians.

Though many may be opposed to expansion of background checks, a recent non-partisan poll found that 81% of Oregonians are in favor of this particular expansion, that is requiring private parties to conduct background checks, excluding family members. While it may seem inconvenient to run background checks on long-term friends, the intent is to increase gun safety in Oregon, and Senator Hass is in favor of keeping Oregon safe.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again by phone or email.

Best,
Kayla Wade

Kayla Wade
Legislative Aide
Senator Mark Hass
District 14 - Washington County/Beaverton/Aloha/SW Portland

I keep seeing references to this study but haven't seen it.

Shoddy statistics are common. I don't trust any survey until after I look at how it was conducted.

If your Representative responds to your concern with some bs poll numbers and not protecting your rights, they should be replaced. You should remind Hass we're a Constitutional Republic, not a Democracy.

More like "81% of female Oregonians that are standing in a Portland Starbucks, are 23-27 years old and Democrat" are in favor of more BGC's.

Poll results are determined in how you phrase/ask the questions and are easily manipulated.

iT IS THE TYPICAL LEFT WING BIASED PILE OF BS THAT USUALLY
POPS UP WHEN THEY ARE TRYING TO RAILROAD THE PEOPLE AND CONTROL THEM.

Every damned poll they do is so far out in left field they are laughable.
Just put the truth out in force and counter them to the max.
As far as what this bill would accomplish its a mute point.
There are already laws against providing any firearm to a felon.
This is all redundant and with hidden registration for future
confiscation intents in mind and nothing more.

NO, NO and NO again to all their marxist bs control laws.

Everyone get off your azzes and fight all of this tooth and nail relentlessly.
If you do not want to do something go sit on a hot poker and let others work.
But don't b.i.t.c.h if new laws pass and they bang on your door.

Whelll if it's good by 81% of the State, then I guess it's OK!!

obamavoter_answer_7_xlarge.jpe

This is what they thing we all are!! Made of wood!! :angry:

If 81% of the population supported shipping Jews off to concentration camps, would that make it right?

Majority does not rule when it comes to Natural Rights.

You are correct, but the poll is skewed, and invalid.
A lie that the left likes so well.

I would only respond by voting, but that's not my district. I'd follow up and ask about the parameters of this poll as I suspect it's skewed. Mostly I believe the question asked in the poll isn't straightforward.

Hope they are all out of a job soon.

Natural rights do not mean crap anymore. There are rules, regulations and ordinances put on our "natural rights" all the time. Natural rights mean nothing to a LEO, a judge or city commissioners.

I agree that the poll is skewed, and invalid. Conducting a survey that is supposed to represent Oregon, but only doing it in Portland, is clearly not a representative sample of the state as a whole. They should be ashamed to try to foist this as a meaningful statistic.

Personally I wouldn't have a problem with the idea of background checks on all gun sales, or if you fail to do a background check and the person you sell the gun to commits a crime with it, you get some of the backlash. If criminals can buy guns from private sellers without background checks and there's no comeback on the seller, then why bother with checks at all? It's only a $10 fee, and you can run one on the internet, so it's not exactly difficult.

5D, OK, so if I've already got several clips that hold more than 10 rounds, do I get paid fto hand them in? This would make several of my guns illegal, as they don't come with 10-round of smaller magazines. If I thought this had a chance in hell of actually passing I'd buy spare magazines with cash.

Question 5E, I'm confused by this question. Doesn't this cover all types of semi-automatic pistols and DA revolvers?

5F, pointless, people will still CC if they want, unless you initiate a search at the door. If people are planning to shoot someone at the school, a ban isn't going to stop them.

I would only respond by voting, but that's not my district. I'd follow up and ask about the parameters of this poll as I suspect it's skewed. Mostly I believe the question asked in the poll isn't straightforward.

Hope they are all out of a job soon.

But you can get involved by helping campaign against all of them. Everyone can.
Will they. Hmmm.
November will tell if anyone worked at getting rid of them.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top