JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I very recently, last then a month ago bought a 1000 of wolf 7.62x39 from ammoman for 219 including shipping. It cost my 2 bucks more then then the store I was going to buy from but I didn't have to make a 45 mile round trip. and paid a 4.00 buck bridge tow. I save about6 bucks and 2 hours of my time.

FYI watch out for crazy shipping prices. Some retailers will show amazing prices and then charge crazy amounts for shipping. Just saying :D

AIM has its Tiger priced at $179.50 per 1000 but add the $44.77 shipping and its not that sweet of a deal.

I bought 2 cases of Wolf from ammoman.com last month for $219 a case shipped, with your choice of FMJ's or HP's.

I would still like to find it cheaper :)

These links are being posted in other forums as well. I just ordered 1,000 rounds from Wideners. Shipping was $41 to $43 at all three places, and the steep shipping cost is probably cause I’m on the west coast. People closer to the dealers were paying around $20 for shipping.

When I placed the order, I looked at only getting 500 rounds to reduce the overall cost, but shipping for 500 rounds was $101! :eek: What The... More than double the shipping for half the ammo? That made the $44 shipping (I added a magazine which boosted the shipping cost by 75 cents) seem cheap. Why would shipping double for half the quantity? :confused:

With shipping, prices worked out to;

1,000 rounds $0.22/round

500 rounds $0.33/round

Buying multiple cases is the way to go if you can. I just checked out J&G Sales and shipping 1000 rounds of Wolf to Washington was $27.25. As you add cases to the order the shipping drops to about to about $14.00 per case if you order 7 or more cases.

If a few guys (3) can get together and don't care if they shoot corrosive ammo you can get a 1260 round cases of 7.62x39 Yugo for about $222 shipped.

I picked up 500 rounds of Wolf black box for $99.50 at the last Collectors West gun show in portland. I found Golden Tiger there for $189 a 1000 as well. I'm hoping for even lower prices at the october show because I'm definitely stocking up.

I picked up 500 rounds of Wolf black box for $99.50 at the last Collectors West gun show in portland. I found Golden Tiger there for $189 a 1000 as well. I'm hoping for even lower prices at the october show because I'm definitely stocking up.

AIM 179 for gold bear bought 1000... GOnna be funny around here and at shows watching people trying to dump a bunch for like 225 per k and bubblegum trying to get back some cash in anticipation of it falling more...

I dont understand how someone (regardless of how much thy pay ) tries to get 225-250 per k when market rate is 180 lol... Makes me LOL

AIM 179 for gold bear bought 1000... GOnna be funny around here and at shows watching people trying to dump a bunch for like 225 per k and bubblegum trying to get back some cash in anticipation of it falling more...

I dont understand how someone (regardless of how much thy pay ) tries to get 225-250 per k when market rate is 180 lol... Makes me LOL
Is this the AIM your talking about? I cant find the $179 gold bearr?

Our Catalog

If you got the link please post it up. If I can get 1000 rounds of gold bear delivered to my house for under $200 I'll take 2 cases :s0155:

How is Golden Tiger? Pretty much the same as Wolf?
Pretty much but the Tiger is brass cased. I shot some of both this afternoon along with some Norinco, and cant say I can tell a big difference in accuracy. That is just me with my rifle, I can consistently shoot 2" to 2.5" groups @ 50 and 3" to 4.5" @ 100 yards with irons and cheap ammo. I don't expect much better or really care.

You may get some different answers on this one.

Pretty much but the Tiger is brass cased. I shot some of both this afternoon along with some Norinco, and cant say I can tell a big difference in accuracy. That is just me with my rifle, I can consistently shoot 2" to 2.5" groups @ 50 and 3" to 4.5" @ 100 yards with irons and cheap ammo. I don't expect much better or really care.

You may get some different answers on this one.

The Golden Tiger I have seen has all been steel cased. Are you sure you are not thinking of Golden Bear?

The Golden Tiger I have seen has all been steel cased. Are you sure you are not thinking of Golden Bear?
No your right my bad, most Golden Tiger is steel cased but I ended up with a bunch that is brass (cant remember where I bought it). I will try to get some pics of it up but it is Golden Tiger for sure.

No your right my bad, most Golden Tiger is steel cased but I ended up with a bunch that is brass (cant remember where I bought it). I will try to get some pics of it up but it is Golden Tiger for sure.
Good thing I only wear size 9.5 cuz I just berried my foot in my mouth. After doing some digging I found the Ammo Can I thought was filled loose Golden Tiger was accually 500+ rounds of Yugo with a crushed box of Tiger in it. Next I tore into a few boxes of unopened Tiger and surprise, surprise, steel! What a Jackazz :s0114:

Next this morning I hit the range in order to prove myself wrong again. I fired 40 rounds each of Wolf, Tiger, and Norinco. Again found I was not 100% correct in saying "no difference in accuracy". Off the bench my groups were best with the Norinco, with the Golden Tiger pretty close to the same and the Wolf was the least accurate of the three.

Lesson learned, in the future get the facts straight before sounding like a Tool online :s0114:

Feel free to kick a guy when he is down I have it coming :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads