JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been wanting to get into fall bear hunting over in Eastern Oregon and would like to try heppner unit (as I've hunted it before for archery elk/deer) but would also like to try Imnaha unit to scout for possibly deer hunting in the future.
I know I need to get the regs and look but I have a few questions hopefully somebody could help me out.
1) When can I hunt these units or any eastern units without a deer or elk tag? Or is this not a thing?
2) Weather... I would be traveling from the northern coastal area what is too late to go? and how would the roads look in a typical year
3) What is it like to hunt black bear there and just any general information you'd be willing to share (it doesn't have to be about the specific units I mentioned above just eastern Oregon area)

Anyhow thanks anything will help. I have a bit of time this year and would really like to try and get a bear. I plan on hunting for them after deer and elk season and on my scouting trips this year I've been taking the rifle and really spotting clear cuts but it would be total luck for me if I scored over here although I do have friends with trail cams picking up a few bear.

I have a bit of time this year and would really like to try and get a bear. I plan on hunting for them after deer and elk season and on my scouting trips this year I've been taking the rifle and really spotting clear cuts but it would be total luck for me if I scored over here although I do have friends with trail cams picking up a few bear.
5052797091_cbe02fe21d.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top