JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
9 hrs.. 124 miles.. Not one chewed up tree, pile of poop, trail or track of bear.. Its like they evaporated in this heat. Did see 37 elk, 1 deer, 6 rabbits and 2 grouse, So not at all a wasted trip.

DSCN1046.JPG

DSCN1047.JPG

I stumbled upon a dead-end logging trail that had black berries galore on both sides for 150 yards...Football-sized dark purple scat heaps every ten feet or so. I found a tunnel in the berry-bushes where the bear was coming and going.

So I picked a fir stump on the hillside 100 yards above the trail; perfect as I could approach the stump from where I was parked on the other side of the hill, and didn't have to expose myself....I scouted the stump and decided to be on that stump before first light the next day. I marked the route back to the truck...all set!

Got an urgent call from home and had to leave :rolleyes:.

I stumbled upon a dead-end logging trail that had black berries galore on both sides for 150 yards...Football-sized dark purple scat heaps every ten feet or so. I found a tunnel in the berry-bushes where the bear was coming and going.

So I picked a fir stump on the hillside 100 yards above the trail; perfect as I could approach the stump from where I was parked on the other side of the hill, and didn't have to expose myself....I scouted the stump and decided to be on that stump before first light the next day. I marked the route back to the truck...all set!

Got an urgent call from home and had to leave :rolleyes:.

That sucks, man! Hope things are ok!

I have a noob question. I usually just hunt for elk/deer, but I get a big game card just in case.
I've never actually gone bear hunting. Do you eat the meat? If so how is it?
I'm not into making mounts or rugs so I don't really have a desire to shoot something I won't use to feed my family.
Or it's trying to eat me.

I have a noob question. I usually just hunt for elk/deer, but I get a big game card just in case.
I've never actually gone bear hunting. Do you eat the meat? If so how is it?
I'm not into making mounts or rugs so I don't really have a desire to shoot something I won't use to feed my family.
Or it's trying to eat me.

Yes we eat it. Some people love it some not so much it's on the greasy side. I normally do burger and sausage and mix with pork or beef, I enjoy it. If you get one and don't want the meat I'll take it off your hands

Plus a bear would make a lot of dog food if you decided not to eat it....after you hung it up and realized it looks like a man hanging there,lol
I have heard it makes fine ham also?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads