JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Two patrons inside the bar of BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse in Eugene, OR got into a dispute as the Super Bowl game was nearing its end last evening.

One man was an Atlanta Falcons fan, who become very agitated and upset, as the Falcon's lead in the game melted away. He began to yell at another patron inside the bar, who was apparently rooting for the Patriots. The Falcons fan became so agitated and upset, that he pulled a handgun that he had concealed on his person, and fired a shot towards the Patriot fan, which missed and struck the bar's floor.

Eugene police arrest a man after shot fired during Super Bowl

Last Edited:
Thanks Buddy! ... That's just what we needed.

Why don't ya go get the shovel and bury us ...instead of adding more nails to our concealed carry and gun rights coffin?!

Let this be a reminder to all who carry or own a gun.
Any mishap with a gun can lead to problems for all gun owners.
Luckily it was just a injured bar top.
The gun owner might ( should not ) not get off so lucky.
I get that we all make mistakes ... But it behooves us a gun owners to take that extra moment to be safe.
Gun ownership isn't just a right , its a huge undertaking , that needs to be met responsibly.
To all who carry responsibly thank you.
Andy

Sounds to me like the guy is an idiot!!!:mad: Your really going to risk your gun rights the safety of your family and endanger people around you over a football game. WTF!!!!

Good grief, what an idiot. Thankfully no one was hurt. Though us taxpayers will be footing the bill for the trial and incarceration of this buffoon. :rolleyes:

It happened in Eugene, so this is Trump's fault :rolleyes:

Reactionary progressive mindset - this could be ammo to ban carry in bars here in Oregon. Just what the libs want to chip away at our carry laws.

Whatever led up to this, I hope the guy isn't a CHL holder, that will just be worse for us. If he's just a douche-nozzle carrying a gun without a permit, at least we can maintain some separation.

Either way, I'm not defending this guy, he needs to sit in jail for a while, and probably is going to lose any chance at owning guns in the future. Stupid azz move. :mad:

Whatever led up to this, I hope the guy isn't a CHL holder, that will just be worse for us. If he's just a douche-nozzle carrying a gun without a permit, at least we can maintain some separation.

Either way, I'm not defending this guy, he needs to sit in jail for a while, and probably is going to lose any chance at owning guns in the future. Stupid azz move. :mad:

He was not charged with illegal possession of a concealed handgun, so it does indeed appear that he had an Oregon Concealed Handgun License.

The guy is 63 and retired, and had no prior criminal history.

Perhaps this is a case of early Alzheimer's? Or maybe alcoholic brain damage. Many people have brains that are in poor condition by the time they are in their 60's.

Here is a photo of the suspect, together with a photo of the establishment.

b7be9785-b049-49b1-be5f-4f2d01d17d63-large16x9_170206boldenmugshotscenephoto.jpg

He was not charged with illegal possession of a concealed handgun, so it does indeed appear that he had an Oregon Concealed Handgun License.

The guy is 63 and retired, and had no prior criminal history.

Perhaps this is a case of early Alzheimer's? Or maybe alcoholic brain damage. Many people have brains that are in poor condition by the time they are in their 60's.

Here is a photo of the suspect, together with a photo of the establishment.

View attachment 340766

Well, I definitely don't like hearing that. CHL holders need to hold themselves to a higher standard, if for no other reason than to not be a roadblock to the rights of the rest of us.

Wow that doesn't bode well for any of us. I just can't fathom doing anything even remotely that stupid in a crowded bar or anywhere for that matter.

As CHL holders we have to hold our selves to a higher standard. Plain and simple.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top