JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$1250
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
7.62x51mm
City
Vancouver
State
Washington
Looking to sell FAL. Not interested in trades. Lower is from Zimbabwe/Rhodesia. I had it cerakoted, meant to look like a Rhody poop field job. Unknown round count. Comes with 5 mags.

no lowball offers

wont ship. Transfer fee is paid by the buyer. Will meet at safefire in Vancouver.

9220A1A7-1B07-4E96-9849-FE326D5496EC.jpeg 56701854-818B-4E81-90D1-261E2555B5CC.jpeg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
First 5 letters/numbers of serial number? Any info on where the barrel came from?

Nice stick.

Thinking the same thing. Is the DSA upper a DS prefix serial number? Also any sanitization evidence or electro pencil numbering on the other parts?

-E-

It is a SA 58 1st 4 of the upper aerial is DS27. The barrel has a 13 on the underside, hope this helps.

So I'm kinda still interested in this rifle but I would like some additional info/pics if you are willing. I recently purchased another FAL variant but it is an unfired IMBEL manufactured example from 1988 so I'm thinking I might need another one in the safe to keep the virginity of the IMBEL model intact.

The DS prefix receivers were manufactured by LMT and were forged instead of cast like the later receivers made in house by DSA. DS prefix receivers are more desirable. The Grayslake receivers are more desirable than the Lake Barrington marked ones.

Most of the early DS prefix rifles were built with matching Steyr STG58 kits. Later they began adding US made barrels and parts as the kits began to dry up. Are there any additional proof marks under the barrel beneath the hand guard? If you remove the hand guard and look on the barrel it would have either STlf3 ,VCL , KAL or the FN egg and crown. If it is any of the 1st 3 , then it's Steyr. If the egg and crown it is Belgian (FN).

The lower you say is Rhodie. Did you add it or was it previously on the rifle when you acquired it? The South African guns sent to Rhodesia were sanitized of their marks since there was an arms embargo in place at that time. Once received, Rhodesians marked their weapons with their own serial numbers. These electro stenciled serial numbers with a "RA" prefix help show that the parts were in Rhodesian Army service. They were marked in the following locations: the bolt, the bolt carrier, the upper receiver, and the lower receiver.

I realize it sometimes a pain with photos on this site, but if you can add a few, I would greatly appreciate it.

-E-

So I'm kinda still interested in this rifle but I would like some additional info/pics if you are willing. I recently purchased another FAL variant but it is an unfired IMBEL manufactured example from 1988 so I'm thinking I might need another one in the safe to keep the virginity of the IMBEL model intact.

The DS prefix receivers were manufactured by LMT and were forged instead of cast like the later receivers made in house by DSA. DS prefix receivers are more desirable. The Grayslake receivers are more desirable than the Lake Barrington marked ones.

Most of the early DS prefix rifles were built with matching Steyr STG58 kits. Later they began adding US made barrels and parts as the kits began to dry up. Are there any additional proof marks under the barrel beneath the hand guard? If you remove the hand guard and look on the barrel it would have either STlf3 ,VCL , KAL or the FN egg and crown. If it is any of the 1st 3 , then it's Steyr. If the egg and crown it is Belgian (FN).

The lower you say is Rhodie. Did you add it or was it previously on the rifle when you acquired it? The South African guns sent to Rhodesia were sanitized of their marks since there was an arms embargo in place at that time. Once received, Rhodesians marked their weapons with their own serial numbers. These electro stenciled serial numbers with a "RA" prefix help show that the parts were in Rhodesian Army service. They were marked in the following locations: the bolt, the bolt carrier, the upper receiver, and the lower receiver.

I realize it sometimes a pain with photos on this site, but if you can add a few, I would greatly appreciate it.

The lower's serial number starts with ZA.

Hello,

I am somewhat new to this site, but I am interested in obtaining an FAL. Like you, I live in Vancouver and Safefire is my preferred range. I presume that that they can handle the transfer stuff.

Is this still available?

Another issue is the yellow paint markings. I don't really care for those. Would they be reasonably easy to remove?

Thanks.

If it wasn't for driving to Vancouver twice for one gun.....once for them transaction and once for the pickup of firearm......I'd be all over this. Sweet deal here.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.