JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm thinking of getting a para FAL the only hang up I have is the cost of 308. Are there any budget brands ie; Wolf, Brown Bear, Barnual, or any others that work well in this platform.

Thanks for the input
J.P.
========================================
My buddy shoots a lot of African .308 and it works great through his.

You might want to post at FALfiles to find out people's experience. I don't shoot the steel jacketed, but that's based on my presumptions rather than experience.

BuyAmmo.com does have reloaded .308 that works fine at about .50 a round. They are in Salem.

I will say...you won't shoot as much .308 as you will 5.56 or 7.62x39mm...I know I don't! I love my FAL's because its gets me more to become a rifleman rather than a spray and pray shooter!

I'm looking into reloading .308 as you can save significant dollars that way.

South African, .308 battle packs are what I've been shooting. Federal American eagle works great. Handloads work great. Never had any problaems with any ammo I've shot. Never shot any steel cased stuff though, like wolf or barnaul. I tend to stay away from steel cased stuff. Fal can probably handle it. I've just never liked it.

I never had a problem with any ammo in my fal. I wouldn't hesitate to use the Wolf or other steel cased ammo. It's worked for me every time I've used it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top