Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

FAL Gunsmith in Tacoma area

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Blue Devil PA, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Blue Devil PA

Blue Devil PA Boise Active Member

Hi there. I must first apologize for a possible duplicate posting. Tried to go through the threads looking for info regarding a gunsmith who would be willing to look at my STG58.

I get a lot more FTFs than I think I should. Been using same ammo from first round to now (DAG), I have identified some magazines that are worse than others (Korean mags are not worth beans), but still have issues if I load more than ten rounds in ANY magazine. Casings are deeply gouged, so it is might be the bolt carrier (I know, covered in other threads). Not interested in learning gunsmithing online, just want someone to help/show me the basics of this platform.

Thanks for any and all help!
    PS. Any advice with the words dremel, file or burr is appreciated, but not willing to go after my rifle with power tools without knowing what the heck I am doing.

2. kbc9

kbc9 Northwest WA New Member

I think Blackwell Industries http://blackwellindustries.com/ in Renton are FAL builder. They might be able to help you.

3. eganx

eganx Kingston WA Active Member

What kind of receiver is it built on?

4. Blue Devil PA

Blue Devil PA Boise Active Member

Eric at Blackwell has been working to figure out the problem(s). He has it narrowed down to a bolt carrier that might have been modified slightly and/or the recoil spring. I hope I have my baby returned soon, it's getting to be great shooting weather!

The reciever is a DSA assembled STG 58 type 2.

Thanks again for everyone's help with this!