JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If it's really DEA and they've got a real warrant there will be more than two of them along with a few vehicles with lots of flashy strobey lights.

Most DEA agents used to come from Local PD's, of course that was 20 years ago and yes you'd know it was them, they bring lots of friends. :D

Fat chance of me opening the door to those two wingnuts... Just another reason to stay armed even in your own home.

I'd be interested to see what local police response time would be for a call where fake law enforcement was trying to gain entry into ones home...

Fat chance of me opening the door to those two wingnuts... Just another reason to stay armed even in your own home.

I'd be interested to see what local police response time would be for a call where fake law enforcement was trying to gain entry into ones home...

I would of course not open to these two clowns but what scares me is the next clowns. Others will of course do a better job of not looking like Halloween. Many do not have a camera system like this one did. As for response time it will depend greatly on how you answer the important question. They are going to ask you if you are armed. If you say yes, you often tend to move to the top of the queue.

I would of course not open to these two clowns but what scares me is the next clowns. Others will of course do a better job of not looking like Halloween. Many do not have a camera system like this one did. As for response time it will depend greatly on how you answer the important question. They are going to ask you if you are armed. If you say yes, you often tend to move to the top of the queue.
My thoughts also, next iteration will be more authentic. We've recently gone with a Ring doorbell, best thing I've done at minimum cost. Next is a full Blink system so I have instant views of all sides of the house. As for how the question gets answered, it's be answered in the affirmative. "Hurry, before something bad happens to them"

My thoughts also, next iteration will be more authentic. We've recently gone with a Ring doorbell, best thing I've done at minimum cost. Next is a full Blink system so I have instant views of all sides of the house. As for how the question gets answered, it's be answered in the affirmative. "Hurry, before something bad happens to them"
Yep this is why I say people who do this, try to make others believe they are Police, need to be made an example of. This kind of thing is what will make someone get shot by real Police.
As for camera's, yes. These things are pennies on the dollar compared to what they cost just a decade ago. A system is one of those things that once you have it you soon can't be without. Soooo damn nice. When I am sleeping during the day or night and dogs tell me something is outside? My phone will let me see and hear what's out there even while I am still in bed. Great piece of mind.

A quick check revealed 'DEA' emblazoned T shirts can be easily be bought online (along with others similarly marked with LEO symbols)
I'm thinking if I were a T shirt mfg. I might consider dropping those designs.

A quick check revealed 'DEA' emblazoned T shirts can be easily be bought online (along with others similarly marked with LEO symbols)
I'm thinking if I were a T shirt mfg. I might consider dropping those designs.

Sadly hats and T's have long been sold like this. Problem is even if they did pass some law to make it stop it would do nothing. Now days to make stuff like this is super easy. Anyone with a PC can look up and buy stuff to do so. The only way to curb this would be to really make it painful to anyone caught. Make examples out of them. Of course we know one party is loath to hold criminals accountable though.

The lack of body armor, helmets, and M4 weapons or whatever the DEA is armed with these day and only two people is laughable. I hope the thugs are caught.

I once had a huge stray malamute type dog trapping me inside my apartment because I had a b!tch in heat. Waited hours. My dog desperately needed a walk. Finally called police. They were blowing me off up until I said, "Look. you're putting me in a position where Im going to be forced to shoot this dog. Is that what you want?" "Oh! Dont do that. We'll get someone there right there." They sent a cop, but he didnt dare approach the dog, who made it clear he would attack. (Im experienced at handling and training large dogs. And have dealt with large stray dogs after my lady dog when she was in heat. This stray was not any ordinary large dog. If I had been living in the country I would have shot it. But this was the middle of Corvallis.) They sent a cop, but when he actually saw dog, he said no way. It was Animal Control guy's day off, but they had to find and send him. He couldnt deal with dog either. Said it required two men. They had to get cop back and get two nooses on long poles handled by two men on the dog to get the dog out of there. I was totally right that this dog was a serious danger. But cops were downright refusing to send me any help until they heard I had a gun. Not just giving it a low priority, which would have been fine. Refusing to send help at all.

One thing I have always wondered about is what percent of women who get abducted, raped, and murdered are approached by someone dressed like a cop or claiming to be some kind of LE. Seems like it would be the perfect crime. And its really obvious.

One thing I have always wondered about is what percent of women who get abducted, raped, and murdered are approached by someone dressed like a cop or claiming to be some kind of LE. Seems like it would be the perfect crime. And its really obvious.

Happened at Central Oregon Community College a few years ago. Was a college security guard

Not just giving it a low priority, which would have been fine. Refusing to send help at all.
Sadly the "armed" one does get a faster response. There is an old joke about it something like guy sees people poking around his detached garage. Calls Police, they say are you armed? He says no. They say we don't have anyone to respond right now. So he calls back says I went out there and shot them, no hurry. Cops are there fast. Cops say I thought you said you had no gun? He tells them I thought you said you could not respond? :)

1995. I remember a 20 something year old Spanish girl wearing a DEA hat in Leticia, Columbia South America , who sent a street kid over to my table at the cantina with her phone number. Things went downhill for me the rest of that week

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads