JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd trade my Savage / Fox 20 gauge side x side for a 20 gauge 870 Wingmaster ( Not express )

I love my granddad's 20 gauge Wingmaster...
It is my first gun and it works great I still shoot it and take it hunting.

However , It is from 1962 and I would like a newer Wingmaster for the ease of swapping barrels.
The early 20 gauge 870's were built on a 12 gauge frame..so the newer barrels don't fit the older guns.

The Savage / Fox is a sweet gun...if a mite heavy for a 20 gauge at 7.4 pounds...
I like the shorter 26 inch barrels and choke set up. ( MOD / IMP CYL )
But at that weight...I'd rather tote an 870 after grouse and such.....
Andy

Shotguns are extremely personal in regards to fit and "shootability".

26" is a great barrel length for grouse and the like.

As far as my wish list Wingmaster goes...
I'd love one with a 26 inch barrel and Improved Cylinder for grouse...and a extra 20 inch barrel for those things that go bump in the night....
I'll get one , someday...
In meantime...Like I said...I have a Savage / Fox for trade.....:D
Andy

This might sound silly, but I would trade a very decent Marlin regular carbine for the complete refurbishment of a Marlin sporting carbine of roughly the same age.
I currently own both rifles , both in 30-30 , both from the late 40s or early 50s.
The SC is in pretty sad shape and I'd be happy with a complete overhaul even if the parts ( including stock) were not original or even period correct. The RC is actually a very nice wavy top that hasn't been messed with in any way I can see. It's worth more than the beater , but has zero sentimental value. The old SC is a family gun .

Trade one vintage rifle for parts and SKILLED labor on the other.

My grandpa had one my uncle has it now. Maybe I'll ask him. USPS lost a browning bss in the mail. Any rifles or pistols? Got rid of a saa and one 1911. Don't necessarily want anything else. Talking to myself that's probably a good thing.

This might sound silly, but I would trade a very decent Marlin regular carbine for the complete refurbishment of a Marlin sporting carbine of roughly the same age.
I currently own both rifles , both in 30-30 , both from the late 40s or early 50s.
The SC is in pretty sad shape and I'd be happy with a complete overhaul even if the parts ( including stock) were not original or even period correct. The RC is actually a very nice wavy top that hasn't been messed with in any way I can see. It's worth more than the beater , but has zero sentimental value. The old SC is a family gun .

Trade one vintage rifle for parts and SKILLED labor on the other.
You are one of those Marlin guys :)

Shotguns are extremely personal in regards to fit and "shootability".

26" is a great barrel length for grouse and the like.

As far as my wish list Wingmaster goes...
I'd love one with a 26 inch barrel and Improved Cylinder for grouse...and a extra 20 inch barrel for those things that go bump in the night....
I'll get one , someday...
In meantime...Like I said...I have a Savage / Fox for trade.....:D
Andy
Man, an old Fox .20 gauge would be neat-o, especially is it was one of the Prefix A.H. Fox, as it would match my .12 gauge A.H. Fox nicely! :)
Is this one an A.H. or more Savage?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads