JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd trade my Savage / Fox 20 gauge side x side for a 20 gauge 870 Wingmaster ( Not express )

I love my granddad's 20 gauge Wingmaster...
It is my first gun and it works great I still shoot it and take it hunting.

However , It is from 1962 and I would like a newer Wingmaster for the ease of swapping barrels.
The early 20 gauge 870's were built on a 12 gauge frame..so the newer barrels don't fit the older guns.

The Savage / Fox is a sweet gun...if a mite heavy for a 20 gauge at 7.4 pounds...
I like the shorter 26 inch barrels and choke set up. ( MOD / IMP CYL )
But at that weight...I'd rather tote an 870 after grouse and such.....
Andy

Shotguns are extremely personal in regards to fit and "shootability".

26" is a great barrel length for grouse and the like.

As far as my wish list Wingmaster goes...
I'd love one with a 26 inch barrel and Improved Cylinder for grouse...and a extra 20 inch barrel for those things that go bump in the night....
I'll get one , someday...
In meantime...Like I said...I have a Savage / Fox for trade.....:D
Andy

This might sound silly, but I would trade a very decent Marlin regular carbine for the complete refurbishment of a Marlin sporting carbine of roughly the same age.
I currently own both rifles , both in 30-30 , both from the late 40s or early 50s.
The SC is in pretty sad shape and I'd be happy with a complete overhaul even if the parts ( including stock) were not original or even period correct. The RC is actually a very nice wavy top that hasn't been messed with in any way I can see. It's worth more than the beater , but has zero sentimental value. The old SC is a family gun .

Trade one vintage rifle for parts and SKILLED labor on the other.

My grandpa had one my uncle has it now. Maybe I'll ask him. USPS lost a browning bss in the mail. Any rifles or pistols? Got rid of a saa and one 1911. Don't necessarily want anything else. Talking to myself that's probably a good thing.

This might sound silly, but I would trade a very decent Marlin regular carbine for the complete refurbishment of a Marlin sporting carbine of roughly the same age.
I currently own both rifles , both in 30-30 , both from the late 40s or early 50s.
The SC is in pretty sad shape and I'd be happy with a complete overhaul even if the parts ( including stock) were not original or even period correct. The RC is actually a very nice wavy top that hasn't been messed with in any way I can see. It's worth more than the beater , but has zero sentimental value. The old SC is a family gun .

Trade one vintage rifle for parts and SKILLED labor on the other.
You are one of those Marlin guys :)

Shotguns are extremely personal in regards to fit and "shootability".

26" is a great barrel length for grouse and the like.

As far as my wish list Wingmaster goes...
I'd love one with a 26 inch barrel and Improved Cylinder for grouse...and a extra 20 inch barrel for those things that go bump in the night....
I'll get one , someday...
In meantime...Like I said...I have a Savage / Fox for trade.....:D
Andy
Man, an old Fox .20 gauge would be neat-o, especially is it was one of the Prefix A.H. Fox, as it would match my .12 gauge A.H. Fox nicely! :)
Is this one an A.H. or more Savage?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads