JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I could just post these in WTS OR: Rifles, but I'm waffling on sale price. I know what I paid for them. One was fair, maybe the other I paid too much. And there is a disconnect - to the high side - between book resale values and street prices. I do not subscribe to the panic mania mentality, but I don't want to undersell myself either.

So here's what I'm considering selling. Thoughts on what to ask?

1. Saiga .223 16" barrel. All original, as from factory, i.e., no conversion done on it. Just the plain-Jane plastic sporting rifle stock, etc. What I would include in the sale: the rifle, at least four magazines - I have to round them all up, maybe more, a side mount UTG clamp scope/optic mount. And some precious .223 ammo - qty to be negotiated. This gun shoots either .223 or 5.56. I'm thinking $600 for it all.

2. Century Arms CETME. I bought this used at a local Hillsboro gun shop. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. They check out the used guns they sell before they put them on the rack. EVerything about it seems in order. The charging handle operates smoothly. This one has a collapsible stock on it. I have several magazines for it. It has a scope on it from when I purchased it. Also, I bought on Gunbroker a kit of Cetme parts - almost an Armorer's Kit, though not the real Armorer's Kit. It includes two extra Cetme style butt stock/spring units. A bolt carrier. A box of parts including a bolt and other bolt related parts. I paid like $350 for this kit on the Joker. I'm thinking $1,000 for all this. And I put in a little 7.62 NATO to sway a buyer.

This is not a sale ad. Just seeking opinions on pricing in today's climate. Am I realistic? delusional?

thanks

I could just post these in WTS OR: Rifles, but I'm waffling on sale price. I know what I paid for them. One was fair, maybe the other I paid too much. And there is a disconnect - to the high side - between book resale values and street prices. I do not subscribe to the panic mania mentality, but I don't want to undersell myself either.

So here's what I'm considering selling. Thoughts on what to ask?

1. Saiga .223 16" barrel. All original, as from factory, i.e., no conversion done on it. Just the plain-Jane plastic sporting rifle stock, etc. What I would include in the sale: the rifle, at least four magazines - I have to round them all up, maybe more, a side mount UTG clamp scope/optic mount. And some precious .223 ammo - qty to be negotiated. This gun shoots either .223 or 5.56. I'm thinking $600 for it all.

2. Century Arms CETME. I bought this used at a local Hillsboro gun shop. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. They check out the used guns they sell before they put them on the rack. EVerything about it seems in order. The charging handle operates smoothly. This one has a collapsible stock on it. I have several magazines for it. It has a scope on it from when I purchased it. Also, I bought on Gunbroker a kit of Cetme parts - almost an Armorer's Kit, though not the real Armorer's Kit. It includes two extra Cetme style butt stock/spring units. A bolt carrier. A box of parts including a bolt and other bolt related parts. I paid like $350 for this kit on the Joker. I'm thinking $1,000 for all this. And I put in a little 7.62 NATO to sway a buyer.

This is not a sale ad. Just seeking opinions on pricing in today's climate. Am I realistic? delusional?

thanks

Panic pricing...I would never pay even close to that much but some dumb schmuck out there will eventually. Bonus dollars if you convince him they are going to be banned soon

The cetme will sit more than a while at $1000, even with ammo included.
Sell at around $750 or trades and she may move a little faster.
The saiga may move @$600.. But it really depends on the type of magazines included. For around $600+range i included 12 galil mags of which 8 were steel and in decent shape.

I try (key word try) to discount by 20-25% maybe a little less given the need for cash and the overall condition.
Even if its brand spanking new, the buyer could get a NIB firearm from their fFL for the same price so why buy used other than the fact that they enjoy private sales.
Also, i wouldn't try to get every cent back when it comes to accessories. Most are junk and half the time I ask if they'll separate the sale because I haven't the room for said junk. So scope mounts, rings, furniture, brakes.. Try and discount otherwise your merchandise will take forever to move.

Mags can be a different story however, but keep it market competitive, because if he can get the mags cheaper elsewhere, why buy used for a higher overall cost?

Kudoos to you for not wanting to feed the frenzy. Nice to see some people still have pupils in there eyes rather than dollar signs. Good luck to you getting real world fair market value, rather than every stinking penny you can pull. I'd do a deal with you any day.

It sounds like you have a gunbroker account. Go there, click on advanced (up top, near the search bar) and select the completed items tab. You can search for what similar guns have ended at. I usually click the "bids" column twice to sort by the most bids to weed out those that haven't got any attention. Those with reserves (that didn't sell) will probably say "reserve not met" but it'll let you know what people are willing to pay at this time.
Plus you might knock off $25 or so for NWF members :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top