JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
190 for the ammo
250-300 hund. for the gun.
thats what they are going for, I'd drop the gun price down to 190 also when everyone stops being scared of a ban.
What part of OR are you looking?

What is a fair price for a pre-ban unissued Chinese SKS in Excellent Condition? With bayonet and scope mount and 750 rounds ammo?
I was thinking $550 without or $650 with ammo? Am i in the right ballpark?

I think you are talking a really really nice AK there,with some ammo,from a private seller

$400 is top dollar for a chinese SKS with ammo. At leat that's what I think.

A SKS is NOT an AK or even an AK variant, actually. Some similarities...but not an AK

i have a chinese (norinco) sks with black fiberforce dragunov stock, and an od green monte carlo stock, with cleaning kit, 1-5rnd mag, 1-10, and 1-30, and scope mount. i would sell it for $400
i do believe the norinco accepts an ak mag.

Before 1993 unissued SKS's could be had for under $100. If you were late to the party you paid $169 for one (first big gun scare). Fast forward to a couple of years ago (second big gun scare) and that $99 special sold for $300 with folding stock and original wood stock. If we see 4 more years (THIRD BIG GUN SCARE) then your SKS might be worth $500 but they will be illegal and nobody will be able to have them. If there is not another big gun scare my guess is prices will fall below $200 again. I am no expert so good luck and stay safe.
Mike

$400 is top dollar for a chinese SKS with ammo. At leat that's what I think.

A SKS is NOT an AK or even an AK variant, actually. Some similarities...but not an AK

Exactky.But they shoot the same caliber.And if I'm spending 600 on a 7.52X39 it will be a very nice AK that takes magazines,not a 10 round SKS.
They are both equal in accuracy,no?

What is a fair price for a pre-ban unissued Chinese SKS in Excellent Condition? With bayonet and scope mount and 750 rounds ammo?
I was thinking $550 without or $650 with ammo? Am i in the right ballpark?

There is no preban unissued Chinese SKS with a factory scope mount unless its a 'Farmers Friend' or 'Cowboy Companion'. If the former, its been altered and I'd say tops $250 (not counting the ammo). If the latter, you are looking at maybe $500 to $600, they are very collectable.

I just sold a very nice preban (a regular rifle, not the 'FF' or 'CC' model) with early features including threaded barrel (not pinned), milled trigger guard (not stamped), and long barrel shank for $250 which was a fair deal for both of us. Take any of those early features away and the value drops from there.

750 rounds of ammo has a retail value of $150 to $250ish depending on whether its surplus or commercial, brass or steel case, etc.

Keith

Exactky.But they shoot the same caliber.And if I'm spending 600 on a 7.52X39 it will be a very nice AK that takes magazines,not a 10 round SKS.
They are both equal in accuracy,no?

With open sights, an SKS with its generally longer sight radius is marginally better in the accuracy department than an AK, but in most people's hands when the crutch of a bench is removed, the AK or SKS is no more accurate than an AR.

Keith

Going back to fair price it appears any SKS advertised in the Sales Area of this forum that is at $300 or below is sold faster than the time it takes to say SKS.
I'm no expert in SKS but have been hunting for one for 250 or less for a month or so and that has been a challenge.
Also if you're looking for the Yugo SKS version J&G sales web site has them for 329 (319 if you buy 2 or more).
Yugoslavian SKS 59/66, 7.62x39. Very good condition.

I've seen SKS rifles sell for 200 bucks up to almost 600, depends on the area and the mood of the locals just as much as the economy and the condition of the rifle. .

I'd say fair price on an SKS is whatever you can get someone to give you for it. Don't worry, if someone wants it they will negotiate if they think your asking too much. Otherwise, they don't really want it.........

Heck I recently had an as-issued Yugo SKS for sale for several months here at $225 until I had a change of heart and decided to keep it. I got a few questions but no takers.

Keith

sks's can be had for good deals as keith has pointed out. i sold a few, all were very reasonably priced. one of which being a norinco sks sporter that takes ak mags for $340 and no original stock, bayo, or cleaning kit. sold another 20'' norinco in the same condition with a couple of extra mags for $225. you'd be hard pressed to find more value for the price range. i really like sks's almost as much as ak's and ar's. they're simple cool guns. they're robust in the sense that its basically a crudely milled block of metal with a pipe stuck into it. it looks archaic and functions very mechanically. and they are plentyful. so dont over pay for tactical tapco sks's.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top