JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not sure if the game department or the legislature have addressed the issue yet. One should probably check with the various game departments to find out. In Alaska, (like most other states) it is illegal to hunt the same day that you have spotted big game from an aircraft. Alaska went a step further to specifically prohibit the use of drones to spot game. Some hunters will use any unethical edge to get game, particularly moose and elk. I have seen small aircraft in Montana actually hazing herds of elk toward hunters. The side numbers had been blocked out on the planes to hinder identification.

This is legal in Oregon? I had no idea.

Oregon General Hunting regulation on page 27 of the 2014 Big Game Synopsis states:

No Person Shall:

Hunt within 8 hours of communicating with or receiving information on the location of game mammals from an aircraft. For the purpose of this rule "aircraft" includes unmanned aircraft such as drones.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top