JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
There is a Youtube channel that I follow called "Wranglerstar" that just posted about a problem he had with two 30-06 cartridges failing to fire in his granddad's Remington 721. One is a rather crusty looking LC '54 and the other is R-P which he says is also old but looks clean. The rifle has a history of failing to fire for his grandfather in -18F weather in Easter Oregon some years back that may or may not have been caused by a dragging firing pin as determined and worked on by a gunsmith.

The problem with Youtube is that everyone is an instant expert on everything and one guy even blamed the issue on surplus ammo that was make in Korea. :eek: If you have 4 minutes pop on over and watch the video and see if you can't provide quality suggestions to help sort out if it is bad ammo or an unreliable rifle. As far as I know he lives in the area around White Salmon so if you're local to that area and want to help out in person I bet he'd happily take the help.

That's not the original Remington bolt, unless some machinist has worked it over, and how hard is it to replace the firing pin and spring, then to toss away the crappy old ammo he's using and buy some new factory ammo.

I've got a 722 Remington in .257 Roberts and it's the most accurate rifle I own.
The first thing I did was to bed the stock and free float the barrel, plus, I switched to a model 700 trigger because the original 721/22 triggers are not adjustable and have a safety recall on them.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top