JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know my FFL personally but he did not do any background check for me until he received my lower receivers and wrote the serial numbers down. My paperwork is done so I just need sign the paperwork and pay my FFL when I see him. Since we have use social distancing I have not picked my lowers up yet.

Since we have use social distancing I have not picked my lowers up yet.

IDK, but cant you do things anyhow?
You stand outside the 6'. He places the paperwork somewhere, vacates to 6', you sign paperwork, retreat, he checks paperwork then drops guns/parts on counter, retreats, you pick up and leave?

IDK, but cant you do things anyhow?
You stand outside the 6'. He places the paperwork somewhere, vacates to 6', you sign paperwork, retreat, he checks paperwork then drops guns/parts on counter, retreats, you pick up and leave?

Yes that would work. But I still a job so I am busy working from home now. Maybe I will call him and see when we can meet.

I've bought several off Gunbroker, both private (will never risk again) and dealers. IMO, a dealer may be willing to postpone shipping, but doesn't the receiving FFL have to physically inspect the firearm to verify serial numbers before running the BGC??????????

I look at gun deals as two separate transactions. Sale and Transfer...

For private transfers I will coin the deal up front. Bill of sale to buyer, cash to seller. Both go into FFL to check firearm in. Soon as they take my info and possession of the firearm I am done as a seller. Denials, delays, and such are between the FFL and buyer. When I make a sale its not contingent of weather or not the guy can pass his BGC.

Online is the same deal as far as I am concerned. I bought the item. The dealer receives it. If there is something wrong your transfer dealer is not responsible for any part of the "Sale" end. Leave them out of your mayhem.

I look at gun deals as two separate transactions. Sale and Transfer...

For private transfers I will coin the deal up front. Bill of sale to buyer, cash to seller. Both go into FFL to check firearm in. Soon as they take my info and possession of the firearm I am done as a seller. Denials, delays, and such are between the FFL and buyer. When I make a sale its not contingent of weather or not the guy can pass his BGC.

Online is the same deal as far as I am concerned. I bought the item. The dealer receives it. If there is something wrong your transfer dealer is not responsible for any part of the "Sale" end. Leave them out of your mayhem.

In this state this would be a great way to do it but, seller and buyer need to check with the FFL before they meet up and make sure the FFL is willing to do this. Not all will. Found this out the hard way last sale I made. It was a long gun which should have been easy. I told the buyer he could pick the FFL since he was paying. We went, the guy has some Government security clearances on top of a WA CPL. Still he gets a delayed. The shop refused the deal and sent us both on our way. The following monday buyer contacts me said the shop said he got the proceed. So we meet up again and he pays and I get to leave while he finishes. Now in WA with that rifle being an "assault weapon" and any hand guns sales, they would both no longer be instant no matter what. So if you are selling a gun in this state check with the preferred FFL before you waste time meeting up there.

They require a seller's BCG now?
If you mean in OR? Far as I know no. The buyer has to pass one. The state of OR long ago made just selling a gun to someone a no go. Sale has to go through an FFL dealer. What the OP was saying is the shop he was using would take the gun in and then if the buyer failed the seller had to pass another BGC to get the gun back. I have to guess as the FFL had taken the gun in and it was on his books now.
The shop here I asked about selling for me did the same thing. Said bring in the gun. They would put it up for sale. If it did not sell and I decided to take it back I would then have to pass the BGC to take it back from them. Again because they now had the gun on their books.

In this state this would be a great way to do it but, seller and buyer need to check with the FFL before they meet up and make sure the FFL is willing to do this. Not all will. Found this out the hard way last sale I made. It was a long gun which should have been easy. I told the buyer he could pick the FFL since he was paying. We went, the guy has some Government security clearances on top of a WA CPL. Still he gets a delayed. The shop refused the deal and sent us both on our way. The following monday buyer contacts me said the shop said he got the proceed. So we meet up again and he pays and I get to leave while he finishes. Now in WA with that rifle being an "assault weapon" and any hand guns sales, they would both no longer be instant no matter what. So if you are selling a gun in this state check with the preferred FFL before you waste time meeting up there.

Hmmm...you both show up for transfer, there is a delay, he refuses your business, then gets a proceed, and you come back? That doesnt make sense with all do respect.

The "Delays" or Denials" and "Waiting Periods" are exactly why I do my transfers as I stated and I have done many on both sides of the river through many dealers. I am not going to put myself in a situation anything like what you had. A responsible transaction should include talking with the FFL before you show up.

Hmmm...you both show up for transfer, there is a delay, he refuses your business, then gets a proceed, and you come back? That doesnt make sense with all do respect.

The "Delays" or Denials" and "Waiting Periods" are exactly why I do my transfers as I stated and I have done many on both sides of the river through many dealers. I am not going to put myself in a situation anything like what you had. A responsible transaction should include talking with the FFL before you show up.

Believe me neither of us were happy about it. The buyer would have had no problem letting the shop keep it since he knew he would pass. I wanted to just take my money and be done. Now it's going to be far worse. That rifle I sold is considered an assault weapon here so there's the whole waiting period for that now. All hand guns now it's also a wait, so no more instant for them. It's why I caution people do not just assume how it's going to go and show up at the shop. I have long been saying the same thing about the supposed 10 day wait for hand guns here. Many find out the hard way it may be far more than 10 days. So again I say ask the dealer before you pay, how do they handle it if the state does not get back to them after the 10 days. The dealer can let the gun walk and some will. Many will not and people are irate because they "heard" the dealer would and so they assumed it would happen. Be careful taking as gospel what you hear.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top