JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I agree keep gun hand free, if possible, but it ain always possible.

And human nature being what it is, people have been shot because they didn't drop their load. I seen the vids. IDPA runs scenarios specifically to get people's muscle memory used to dropping what they are carrying.

If it was Maker's Mark or even Crown Royal, It'd be a hard decision. Lesson here, drink cheap whiskey. And if going to mix it with Coke, even more reason to buy Hood River or some such brand. :p;):D

Look at all those hats!
Scan_20201202 (2).png

GET IT OFF ME! GET IT OFF!

Whenever I have to hold my kids' hands, it is 'switch to my left', or if I'm carrying them or something for them it is on my left side. When I can't, I tell them "If I let go of your hand quickly, it is for a good reason so don't fight it." This is why for new people thinking about carrying or asking me questions about it, I tell them it is not just about shooting or being comfortable with a pistol - it is a mindset change. You have to look at things a different way and act accordingly. It'd be the same with any weapon of opportunity - knife, something on the ground or even if completely unarmed. If you are way better at a right hook than a left, then that is your most effective weapon at the time, so free it up whenever possible. Most people just don't think much about it, unfortunately.

1) Agree that cheap spirits are for mixing and expensive ones are best enjoyed neat. A Sunrise made with Cuervo Silver is a delightful way to start a special day. I'm planning on it come Christmas.

2) It amazes me how orderly the critters are - no competition, everybody waits their turn and gets some.

3) "I agree keep gun hand free, if possible, but it ain (sic) always possible"
"We went inside and told my folks what had happened and my dad asked why didn't I shoot it; I was carrying after all."
The coon wasn't a threat to life and limb, so there was no reason to fire a shot in a residential neighborhood. Why draw the eye of Sauron? Ya done good.
Dropping a bottle of good booze unnecessarily would be a poor way to start a festive evening. Nobody can go around in Condition Orange all the time. Had there been a couple of Orcs hanging around the premises upon your arrival you would have approached it differently.

4) #23 above: Yup. My wife walks on my left. In my youth I was told a gentleman walks on the street side, but necessity trumps etiquette.

5) #24 above: Does "bloated" mean dead or satiated?

Look at all those hats!

From the head count, you may reduce your expectation of hat production by 66%.

It takes 3 prime 'coons to make a hat. One only uses the "saddle" (longest and best fur) from the middle of the back from each critter. (Make sure the centerpiece is a dandy with a long thick tail).

Next time your spouse drags you to a visit where Volvos, White Wine and Birkenstocks prevail, you may regale the host and all attendees with your expertise on this subject. Invitations will markedly decrease, to your benefit.

I actually had a pet 'coon for three years while in high school. I admire them. It was like having a 2 year-old human that did not respond to any correction. Probably smarter than most.

And, yes, I kill them and wear them. Just another one of the multiple dichotomies that define my life.

1) "Walk backwards and be a double winner."
a) That's how you get into the walk-in theater free when the movie lets out.
b) Neurological damage to balance nerves prevents me from walking backwards without stumbling. I can't ride a unicycle in traffic either.

2) "Just wait until one of those racoons mistakes his fngers for a hot dog."
Yup! Rabies inoculation time.

Right, that was teenager drink before knowing any better, sugar and booze don't mix.

Not sure I'd go that far. I still enjoy umbrella drinks in hot weather, but not with good booze.

My days of drinking straight whiskey, I used to carry a flask, were finished off by a chug a lug contest with my best friend that resulted in alcohol poisoning for both of us. Just can't do it.

But I have to say that the smell of Rum and Coke gags me more... my ex drank it all day, every day. Along with coffee and ciggies. She stank.

Not sure I'd go that far. I still enjoy umbrella drinks in hot weather, but not with good booze.

My days of drinking straight whiskey, I used to carry a flask, were finished off by a chug a lug contest with my best friend that resulted in alcohol poisoning for both of us. Just can't do it.

But I have to say that the smell of Rum and Coke gags me more... my ex drank it all day, every day. Along with coffee and ciggies. She stank.
:s0170:

Right, that was teenager drink before knowing any better, sugar and booze don't mix.
No idea how people drink liquefied candy with alcohol. Makes me sicker than seasickness.
smell of Rum and Coke gags me more..
First time I ever had rum was Don Q. Can't stand the smell or taste of rum as a result.
Next time your spouse drags you to a visit where Volvos, White Wine and Birkenstocks prevail, you may regale the host and all attendees with your expertise on this subject. Invitations will markedly decrease, to your benefit.
My ex once yelled, "I can't take you anywhere! I never know what you'll say in company!!" Yep.
Untamed and uncouth. That's me.

Last Edited:
No idea how people drink liquefied candy with alcohol. Makes me sicker than seasickness.

There's drinking and then there's drinking to get blind drunk. One or two sorta sweet drinks to get a buzz or a little smoothed out... no problem. But I'm not 16-20 anymore, not gonna get blitzed on sweet drinks or any other adult beverage.

Those nights when my GF drank Sloe Gin Fizz and then barfed it all up... gone! We grew up...

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads