JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
On Friday, the government of gun-controlled Australia admitted that hundreds of thousands of "illegal firearms" remain in criminal possession and launched a new amnesty in hopes of persuading said criminals to turn over the weapons.
In September, Breitbart News reported that Melbourne, Australia, had a gun problem; that they had witnessed more than one shooting a week on average since January 2015.

Moreover, The Age reported:

• Known criminals were caught with firearms 755 times [in 2015], compared to 143 times in 2011
  • The epicentre of the problem is a triangle between Coolaroo, Campbellfield and Glenroy in the north-west, with Cranbourne, Narre Warren and Dandenong in the south-east close behind
  • Criminals are u sing gunshot wounds to the arms and legs as warnings to pay debts
  • Assault rifles and handguns are being smuggled into Australia via shipments of electronics and metal parts
Now the government of Australia is admitting that hundreds of thousands of "illegal guns"–i.e., "illicit firearms"–are in the hands of criminals some 20 years after Australia's gun ban was implemented. And Reuters reports an amnesty will be put in place in 2017 where those in possession of said weapons can turn them in with no questions asked.

Full Article: Fail: Gun-Controlled Australia Admits Criminals Still Armed, Launches New Amnesty - Breitbart

My prediction - almost no one will turn in guns during this 'amnesty' period. If they haven't turned them in yet, what reason would they have to do so now? A sudden change of heart that they are all in with the government's stripping them of their ability to defend themselves?

I wonder, what will the government do if this new amnesty fails to give the results they are looking for? Will they finally admit their gun control attempt was an utter failure? Or will they double down and hire tons of private thugs to go and strip those illegal weapons from those naughty citizens who refuse to bow the knee to their government overlords/oppressors? :rolleyes:

The whole gun control issue is a joke. The longer these laws are in place, the more it shows the gun control proponents for what they are - people that are ONLY interested in stripping the rights of regular citizens, so only the government can be in control. Shameful.

740.jpg

Funniest thing I've read in awhile....where do people come up with these ideas?
Yep, I can see the criminals lined up around the block, ready to comply and turn
in their guns.

My prediction - almost no one will turn in guns during this 'amnesty' period. If they haven't turned them in yet, what reason would they have to do so now? A sudden change of heart that they are all in with the government's stripping them of their ability to defend themselves?

I wonder, what will the government do if this new amnesty fails to give the results they are looking for? Will they finally admit their gun control attempt was an utter failure? Or will they double down and hire tons of private thugs to go and strip those illegal weapons from those naughty citizens who refuse to bow the knee to their government overlords/oppressors? :rolleyes:

The whole gun control issue is a joke. The longer these laws are in place, the more it shows the gun control proponents for what they are - people that are ONLY interested in stripping the rights of regular citizens, so only the government can be in control. Shameful.

Government, any government, seems pathologically incapable of admitting failure of policy. Expect them to double down by increasing penalties and turning neighbor against neighbor by setting up reward based reporting hotlines.

So, if I understand this correctly, it is not only American criminals who do not obey gun laws, but now we are to somehow believe Australian criminal as well? :confused:

So, if I understand this correctly, it is not only American criminals who do not obey gun laws, but now we are to somehow believe Australian criminal as well? :confused:

Get a grip man, everyone knows that all it takes to defeat a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a law.

So, not only are we (American gun owners) responsible for arming our own criminals, the Mexican drug cartel and terrorists (notice I didn't say "radical Islamic terrorist"), now it's our fault that the former prison colony has a high proliferation of "illegal guns".

Australia Agrees to First National Gun Amnesty in 20 Years
ABC said:
It said that guns can be bought easily in the United States and sent to "countries such as Australia with relative anonymity, especially where transactions are made using emerging technologies and business practices, such as the darknet and freight-forwarding services."

We should be ashamed of ourselves.....

Ray

So, not only are we (American gun owners) responsible for arming our own criminals, the Mexican drug cartel and terrorists (notice I didn't say "radical Islamic terrorist"), now it's our fault that the former prison colony has a high proliferation of "illegal guns".

Ray

True enough o_O I wonder, does that mean that we're also flooding Great Britain with illegal guns too? Maybe we can start a "Get Tac a Glock" program here in the US?? ;) :p

I still wonder how much WW2 ordnance got buried deep in the Australian outback? Anybody still alive who might know where it all is? Any detailed treasure maps passed down from generation to generation? History says it was the United States Navy that stopped cold the planned initial invasion of Australia by Japan. Placed called the Coral Sea.

Also wonder how much of that good old stuff might turn up and be used in a commission of some crime? My guess is very little or none. There might be a good reason for that also. Humm.

It would seem that the American Gov. believes that OUR criminals are some how different then those of Australia. That the criminals here will follow the rule of law better then any where else in the world, How utterly naive they are! Besides, they don't care what criminals do, they only care about you and I, and that making us into criminals is acceptable to them as long as it gets the guns out of the hands of those that would use them to over throw over reaching gov.!!! What interesting times we live in! My Name is Ura-Ki, and I am a yet to be Convicted Criminal for acts yet to be preformed, against victims yet to be identified using a weapon yet to be declared illegal, guilty as charged until I cannot prove my innocence:mad::mad::mad:

It would seem that the American Gov. believes that OUR criminals are some how different then those of Australia. That the criminals here will follow the rule of law better then any where else in the world, How utterly naive they are! Besides, they don't care what criminals do, they only care about you and I, and that making us into criminals is acceptable to them as long as it gets the guns out of the hands of those that would use them to over throw over reaching gov.!!! What interesting times we live in! My Name is Ura-Ki, and I am a yet to be Convicted Criminal for acts yet to be preformed, against victims yet to be identified using a weapon yet to be declared illegal, guilty as charged until I cannot prove my innocence:mad::mad::mad:

Welcome to Dystopia.

Amnesty for an illegal firearm? Pfff.. please. Even the criminals aren't that stupid, only law abiding citizens are.

It's clear to see that this isn't just a ploy to get them away from criminals, it's one to get them away from the citizens who may have "found" one that their father or grandfather or even mother had tucked away pre-ban.

Ray

I dunno, mebbe one a them Aussie criminals went and paid hillary to give a speech:eek:

I have no doubt that someday I will be a criminal not of my own doing. I have been called a statist and I can accept that to a point. I have always tried to do the right thing and follow the laws that have been ceated even when it is not in my favor. I am no chior boy
I will be d3mned if i allow someone to come and take my right to self protection for my family frends and myself from me. I will not look for trouble but when and if it comes I will no longer need my guns when I am done.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top