JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have believed that Experience is the best teacher. And it does not have to be Personal experience either. Instruction Manuals (assembly, Maintenance, Operational) are written by people that have that personal experience. We here have at one time sought out the people with personal experience in the firearms field before we had gained enough experience to know what we are doing. Does seeking the experience hurt us? Sometimes yes it does. That is part of the LEARNING EXPERIENCE sometimes and is often the best teacher of what we seek to learn.

If someone tells me I am wrong, my first response is usually "Show me why. If that person is unable to show me what I did or said was wrong, I will do the research to either find out if indeed I am wrong and learn what is right. I have never been afraid to ask questions or ask for help if I am still unsure. I do not always listen to people who tell me I am wrong though. This is because I look at that person with a critical eye and have determined that I would not trust him or her to crack an egg safely.

And you seem like a reasonable open minded person, most who oppose firearm, only want a compromise from you. Its truly a hard thing to do and exhaustive.

Facts are often confused with opinions and feelings, and when people believe one of those two, the first is quickly seen as wrong or biased!

The truth is what I say it is!

I denounce your reality and substitute my own in its place!

You can have uneasy peace, or brutal, blissful beautiful strife, never at the same time!

Make love, not war, unless you can find a way to do both, then make love and war with all abandon!

To change people's minds and motivate them in the direction of preferred voting politicians rely on Propaganda Techniques which maximize faulty logic, diversion and evasion, appealing to emotions, using falsehoods and trickery, playing on human behavior tendencies and mental capacities and processes, manipulative speaking styles, and using common sense thinking and not science.

The pro-gun crowd tends not to rely on political science techniques of propaganda but reason which does not work very well. For a good cheap reference on these techniques go to Henry T. Conserva's book on Amazon. If the pro-gun crowd used the same techniques as the far left, the playing field might work best for them JMHO

In my (maybe not so) humble opinion, the best way to teach someone is to teach by learned example. Some people will still refuse (usually out of false pride) to accept the truth. While was in the Navy I was an instructor in Micro-Miniature electronics Repair. Some of the Students could not follow the example type instruction until I was able to break through their PRIDE, once that is accomplished the learning began. It can be the same in Society. Lead By Example (thought that may seem a more painful way).

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top