JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Shoot it or not?

• Heck yes, it's ammo . . . .

Votes: 26 89.7%
  • Heck no, what if . . . . . ?

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters
This is the kind of stuff I am seeing . . .

Whoa! With a dent in the side of the case, the powder burn is offset, thus causing the bullet to have more pressure in one particular part of the base than the rest, will go out the bore but will spin slightly off, give accuracy problems. JUST KIDDING !!!. Looks like a lot of reloaded ammo I've seen over the years, including some of mine.

i really dont think an ammo factory would purposely sell ammo that is unsafe or unfit to shoot. can you think of the lawsuit

This. I'm thinking a big outfit like ATK would just condemn it and not worry about cost. The bigger the outfit, the more cautious their corporate legal people are. A smaller company would consider selling as blems so long as within the bounds of safety. That part of the label we are allowed to see here suggests a smaller firm.

Another thing to think about with blems. Selling blems at a discount creates competition for their own first line product. That's the philosophy behind many firms (regardless of type of merchandise) not selling blemished goods. Again, we have big and small. The small company wants to get some money out of blems quickly in the short term.

And, what ammo are you finding at 60% off. Are you hiding a good deal? o_O

Not 60% off, 60% of the original price. 40% off roughly.

It usually sells for $33 / $36 per box. I got the blems at just under $22 per box.

And the primary reason for my concern is that this ammo is for my little 5 shot revolver.

Power factor of right at 600, 325 grains @1,650 fps if I remember correctly.

Z

I'm surprised you even ask. If you saw some of the dents and folds in cases I've shot. The folded ones turn to splits, then get tossed after one firing....
I've purchased non-blem ammo that was corroded (black spots) on the case. Couldn't give a gnat's arse about that.

I would not do it unless it was a small cal weeker round. I had a 9x19 blow up in a blowback firearm .It was enough to see what can happen.and had to wash my powdered face in a mud puddle .sometimes cheap has a added price

1588847023493.png

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top