JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Shoot it or not?

• Heck yes, it's ammo . . . .

Votes: 26 89.7%
  • Heck no, what if . . . . . ?

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters
Reactions
Gents,

I picked up a few boxes of ammo that was being sold at about 60% of it's normal retail this week. I just got these boxes in, not knowing what to expect, and having never purchased this kind of ammo before.

Now if this was .22LR, I wouldn't give it another thought, but this stuff is a little more potent than your average plinking ammo.

The boxes are clearly marked "factory blemish" but the photos on the interwebs just showed their normal packaging. The term "factory blemish" was listed against the really good price, and I figured, what the heck . . . . . 60% is 60% - 40% off.

What say you? Has anyone ever purchased and shot "factory blemish" ammo before?

Should I approach this stuff with fear and trepidation?

Zoidian minds need to know . . . . .

Z

Blemished how? That's a pretty loose term. You can have a lot of visual blemishes that won't effect performance. But dents and scratches.....may.

Yeah, it's a bit more than discoloration, waterspots, or ragged boxes . . . . .

Blem Ammo - 03.JPG

If it's sold as a "blem", it's good, especially if it's labeled. Otherwise it wouldn't be for sale but in a recycle pile somewhere at the factory.

Nosler has an entire site dedicated to selling blems and overruns. Order from them all the time. They state cosmetic blems only, will not effect performance. Since they are staking their reputation on it I'm going with it is reliable for them.

Nosler has an entire site dedicated to selling blems and overruns. Order from them all the time. They state cosmetic blems only, will not effect performance. Since they are staking their reputation on it I'm going with it is reliable for them.

Nosler doesn't mess around. I'd have no problem at all with their "blems".

Yeah, it's a bit more than discoloration, waterspots, or ragged boxes . . . . .
What is a bit more?

If listed as "factory blemish" it should be fine they (manufacture) don't want a lawsuit just to make a buck. Now if it is damaged/blemished from a retailer as in shipping damage or ? then I would inspect it before loading.

If it's sold as a "blem", it's good, especially if it's labeled. Otherwise it wouldn't be for sale but in a recycle pile somewhere at the factory.

This. No brand name factory would sell ammo that they knew wasn't safe. I've bought "blem" items before and often could not tell what/where the blem even was, but it apparently failed some factory inspection with regards to appearance and nothing else.

My biggest concern is with the Power Factor of these loads. If we were talking Power Factors of 185 or less, I wouldn't be worried. These are above 185. They are above 200.

Fear and trepidation . . . . . . .

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads