JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Are you a motivational speaker? :D

Actually I've always just spent a little bit each paycheck to build up things one might need if this reality ever came to pass. I'd recommend doing a search for SHTF and see what comes up. I've received a lot of good info from other members here.

Recessions and stock market declines are cyclical where CASH is king and timing a problem. Civil disturbances are often advertised in a variety of ways which allows avoidance for those not wishing to participate.

Get into cash and spend more time at the range (a civil disturbance-free zone).

Here's a good thread also:

People talking about recession are going to make a recession happen.

Very interesting btw, this kind of recession talk building up as we head into an election year. Very interesting..

Consult with a financial advisor to put yourself in the best possible position for long term financial growth, despite the ups and downs of the market, or recession fears.

Im not a cash in your 401k and pay a bunch of penalties to buy gold (or ammo) guy.

Preparations can mean many different things for different people who are all in the same situation.

I would suggest :
Stock up on commonly used items in your household...
Cut back on unneeded expenses...
If worried about a ban of some sort....stock up on magazines and certain ammo types or rifle types...

Tough to say ....as everyone has different "needs" , that may seem like wants to another person.
Andy

The best way to prep is to not wait until such issues become issues - by then it is difficult to prep for them as the issues interfere with your ability to prep.

I've been saying for some time to buy while the buying is good. Ditto with saving.

The warnings about a recession are mostly "look at this chart/indicator/etc. - this is a predictor of..." - I've been seeing those for years. I seriously think that least some of those warnings ware meant to drive the market down for a day or two so day traders can buy, and then sell a few days later when the price goes back up.

A couple of things to remember:

1) The stock market is not the economy and the economy is not the stock market.

2) Buy low, sell high. Do NOT panic buy or sell. Hang onto what you have invested unless the market is booming and you need the funds. Do not invest money that you may need tomorrow - invest money that you can let ride until retirement/etc.

3) The economy is doing real well right now. Unemployment is at its lowest in a long time. If it wasn't for Trump's stupid trade war we would be doing even better.

I really do feel we are approaching the end game.

I have about 100 gallons of water storage. I would like 150.

I am planning to set up rain water collection for drinking and garden ASAP.

We have some food stored but I would like to expand the garden.

Basically working on short term stored supplies + the ability to supplement them long term. Garden, chickens, rabbits, etc. Ways to supplement whatever food you can afford with healthy food from your home.

Link up with neighbors ASAP and build a community. Set up Coms with them now, even if that is just walky talkies. What is coming is going to be brutal.

As for gun control - can't say until we see what comes of it. Hopefully it won't be mandatory BGCs on all sales (including private intrastate sales) because that would be the prelude to registration. Bans and "Buybacks" (confiscation) would be the next thing to follow. At that point, it would be SHTF.

Preparations can mean many different things for different people who are all in the same situation.

I would suggest :
Stock up on commonly used items in your household...
Cut back on unneeded expenses...
If worried about a ban of some sort....stock up on magazines and certain ammo types or rifle types...

Tough to say ....as everyone has different "needs" , that may seem like wants to another person.
Andy
Sounds like good ideas regardless of wether there is a recession or not
One thing i want to get next is a good rotatiller. Planning on starting a garden this next year. The more self sufficent i am the better life will be, i think.

I really do feel we are approaching the end game.

I have about 100 gallons of water storage. I would like 150.

I am planning to set up rain water collection for drinking and garden ASAP.

We have some food stored but I would like to expand the garden.

Basically working on short term stored supplies + the ability to supplement them long term. Garden, chickens, rabbits, etc. Ways to supplement whatever food you can afford with healthy food from your home.

Link up with neighbors ASAP and build a community. Set up Coms with them now, even if that is just walky talkies. What is coming is going to be brutal.

The world is certainly turbulent, but if you look at current times the context of history, things have certainly been worse.

I'm not saying having some basic preparations for rough times is bad, I certainly do, but I think that the SHTF that is most likely for most of us, is to be old, broke, and in poor health. That's what I spend most of my energy trying to prevent. Then down the list to zombies and EMPs. ;)

Sounds like good ideas regardless of wether there is a recession or not
One thing i want to get next is a good rotatiller. Planning on starting a garden this next year. The more self sufficent i am the better life will be, i think.
My buddy has a tiller that he pulls behind his lawn tractor. The tiller has its own small engine. I haven't seen it in action, but I like the idea since I'm not as spry as I used to be.

In times like these I remember the story of the grasshopper and the ant.

The Ant worked hard every day putting food away while the Grasshopper lazed about. When Winter came the Grasshopper was unprepared while the Ant was warm and well fed.

There is a reason this story dates back to antiquity. Real life lessons are timeless.

The Ant didn't start storing extra food when he heard Winter was close....he made it a habit to work hard every day.

I've always lived within my means, worked hard, and had a small reserve. I've never worried about a recession or civil disturbance.

"I really do feel we are approaching the end game."

How long has this idea been predicted?

As in repent sinners, tomorrow the world ends.

Sigh, what a wimpy philosophy...

How many here are the glass is half empty types?

The proverbial glass is neither half empty or half full: It's the wrong size!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top