JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Absolutely Facebook is effective at reaching people. Its unfortunately maybe THE most effective way at reaching people. Especially in the age group that the future of gun culture depends on.

I share everyones concerns with the invasion of privacy and the apparent danger, due to the last 10+ years of federal legislation, that speaking your beliefs poses. But as mentioned, its foolish to believe that Facebook is the only avenue for such spying and documenting.

I too fantasize about deleting my Facebook account due to the insidious nature of its being, but its THAT important to me not to let these arguments go unchecked. I make a difference. Big or small, there is no doubt I make a difference. And like the liberals say, if it saves only one person, its worth it.

Your effectiveness is largely based on your initial credibility and your articulation of the argument. I like to think I excel (relatively) in both areas. I rarely/never make posts on Facebook (except for now), and when I do (did), it was always something interesting that people liked (or humor)...never stuff like, "@ the mall with my besties eating super cheesy pretzels!" Or pictures of me getting hammered or something.

My friends, though largely liberal or moderate, generally respect my opinion on most things. When they see me arguing something they disagree with, they WILL consider my viewpoint.

One, my posts make people think. Two, anti-gunners know if they're going to post, they're going to have to deal with my response. I have no proof of this, but I can almost guarantee I indirectly thwart a good amount of anti-gun posts either by already changing their views, or deterring their crap arguments from fear of facing LOGIC.

Unfortunately Facebook makes a difference, and as uncomfortable as it makes me to make myself a target of domestic spying, I feel its my duty to speak my mind on something that means so much to me.

Now, if you're the type of person who struggled through grammar school and people write you off as a "gun toting redneck", maybe you're better off NOT participating. But dont think you're hiding from the CIA by staying off Facebook.

If you're credible and people respect you, by all means SPEAK UP! Now is the time! This argument is ours. We are right. We have the moral high ground. We have the numbers. Its really not that hard to make progress when others beliefs are based on a completely false media argument.

I posted this gem on my facebook this morning pointing out how useful guns are in modern society

"Somebody breaks into your house...You don't have a gun...How are you gonna shoot him?"

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top