JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The problem with posting pro-gun things on Facebook is that every time you post something publicly (that not just your "friends" can see), you spend the rest of your day getting shouted down, and getting disparaging remarks from people who were your friends, and might not be your friends in the future because they start to think you're an Adam Lanza supporter.

You could easily say "Well, if they feel that way then I don't want them as friends." and that is a valid viewpoint. But it's also a valid way to be lonely.

Not necessarily true. I posted this on my FB account several days after Sandy Hook and got lots of supportive comments and got some good discussion going.

I am angry. I am so incredibly angry I can hardly stand it. I want to stomp the body of Adam Lanza into dust. Then I want to do it again. How many Virginia Tech's, Columbine's, Aurora's and Sandy Hook's can we tolerate? To echo President Obama these tragedies must end, we can not tolerate anymore of this violence.

However, I am incensed, furious, and frankly pissed off, about all this talk of gun control because it misses the point and more importantly will be an ineffective strategy. Let's get one thing straight before I continue: I am a gun owner and I love to shoot. I am also not your stereotypical right-wing gun owner. I do not belong to the NRA or any other gun advocacy group. I tend to vote democratic and identify better with the progressive political philosophy. That said, I am a staunch supporter of the Constitution and ALL of its amendments.

But folks, this talk of gun control is ludicrous. This is a "how do we reverse the gutting of mental health care funding" issue. This should be a talk about prevention. Instead it is the usual knee jerk reactionary irrational and illogical crap that doesn't address the problems or even come close to addressing the real issue of mental health.

I am infuriated that the politicians and media are making a feeding frenzy of guns and gun control. By focusing on the guns the focus is shifted off the shooter and the responsibility placed on an inanimate object. If that is the route we as a society decide to take then is there a reason to penalize and incarcerate drunk drivers? Following the gun control line of thought the answer would be no and of course cars must be controlled above and beyond what they already are.

Are there any gun laws on the books now that would've changed anything in any shooting you can think of? If a person is going to offensively use a gun then no law, no huge amount of laws is going to prevent that. The ironic part of this nonsense is that gun control will neither prevent evil but will instead make regular folks like me an outlaw and by abstraction evil.

I am not one to parrot the chest thumping bravado of others but as the former head of the NRA Charleton Heston famously said, "from my cold dead hands." I will not give up my right to own and shoot a gun, buy a gun, buy accessories or ammo. I will not give up my right to protect myself with a gun or derive pleasure from shooting my guns. I will, God forbid, come to your aid with a gun in hand if need be to confront evil folks who don't care about the law or give two shakes about you.

Finally, I recognize that I have been reeled into a gun control conversation but let us remember this is about one person who inflicted evil on the most innocent among us. The conversation should go forward with prevention and protection as the paramount principles to be discussed and not control of things or people.

Facebook is nothing more than a tool to be used against you. For mental midgets and the deluded. Don't get me started on the Twittering Twits ....

You are being logged, categorized and targeted and so are anyone that associates with you. To each his own I guess.

Facebook is like a virus that follows you everywhere (Just try to delete it). Every keystroke, email, every site you visit, every consumer item you ever look at - it is the worst invasion of privacy EVER.

Facebook is a fad like Myspace and will go the route of Napster and other online gibber gabber that is worshiped by the illiterate youth of today. A CIA financed tool that added to the successful dumbing down of America to the point now that the kiddies are just drooling tech zombies. A stepping stone to the eventually slave hive mind that will be the next step (down) in the de-evolution of mankind.

Ever notice you cannot comment on almost any forum/blog anymore without logging into FACECROOK? That is because TPTB want to know what you have to say at every turn, where you are, what PC you are at, what you might buy, what you have to say - AT ALL TIMES.
NO privacy for you at all, on any level, ever. Soon the damn thing will be tapped into listening for your voice at the check out line - count on it.

Also notice that comments from the gov that someone who does not use Facebook might have 'mental issues' - yes, you read that right! They want the sheep tied into the grid THAT badly. Tell them to F-off.

You are being logged, categorized and targeted and so are anyone that associates with you. To each his own I guess.

Most all of us leave a trail. On NWFA, other forums, with online ammo, firearms and accessories purchases, with the 4473 forms, credit/debit purchases, prior military service, current/former FFL holders and many other places. Are "they" watching, most likely and in that case i am on a lot of lists.

P.S. I forgot to include CHL holders as well.

M67

Last Edited:
Most all of us leave a trail. On NWFA, other forums, with online ammo, firearms and accessories purchases, with the 4473 forms, credit/debit purchases, prior military service, current/former FFL holders and many other places. Are "they" watching, most likely and in that case i am on a lot of lists.

P.S. I forgot to include CHL holders as well.

M67

What you're talking about is being tracked by The Man, what Burt is talking about is being tracked, logged and monitored commercially. It's turning yourself over to be dissected in order to sell your info to advertisers. Which is why I've been so against it.

When a service costs no money to use, then you are not the provider's customer. You are their product.

Did a little googling... and now I remember why I deleted my account in the first place.

10 Reasons To Delete Your Facebook Account - Business Insider

Too bad that, in order to participate in this form of media, you have to basically sell your soul.

I have friends and a few family members who are somewhat anti-2nd Amendment, or sit on the fence. Since the Sandy Hook shootings, there has been a lot of talk on Facebook about Gun Control. As for myself, I have nothing to be ashamed of, and will not let the anti-2A folks win this debate. Everytime one of my friends, family members, or associates posts something about "the need for high-cap mags and assault weapons" or "a well regulated militia=National Guard", I'm right there in their face, with the facts. By now, most know they can't post something without me responding with well thought-out rebuttals, backed up with facts. Some of their friends enter the discussion with name-calling or emotional outbursts, but end up looking like fools. I don't let them get the last word, and don't allow their bullsh!t to spread unchallenged.

I like facebook because of the many different news stories you can get form different groups.... help to be informed. I have found five or six news sites that have posted some very good stories. As for spreading the word of fire arms... i have freidns that like fire arms, and friends that don't, and nether are going to change their mind... no matter how hard you tire.

I mostly like checking the old facebook so I can see how much better I'm doing than all my loser high school buddies :p. Seriously though, facebook wise, I have an account and check it relatively often but mostly to see what everyone else is up too. I rarely post anything but do throw some likes out to the more outspoken friends I have on there. It is what it is, Everyone knows who I am and what I'm about at this point, through social media and whatever other means the "man" has. I'm probably in the minority of people who actually realize that, understand that, and know that may make life more difficult at some point but I'll deal with that when the time comes.

And that really is the main thing for me. High School classmates, who many I had lost track of during my world travels. But I am leaning fairly hard on the anti gunners that fall into that group.

Facebook is like a virus that follows you everywhere (Just try to delete it). Every keystroke, email, every site you visit, every consumer item you ever look at - it is the worst invasion of privacy EVER.

Facebook is a fad like Myspace and will go the route of Napster and other online gibber gabber that is worshiped by the illiterate youth of today. A CIA financed tool that added to the successful dumbing down of America to the point now that the kiddies are just drooling tech zombies. A stepping stone to the eventually slave hive mind that will be the next step (down) in the de-evolution of mankind.

Ever notice you cannot comment on almost any forum/blog anymore without logging into FACECROOK? That is because TPTB want to know what you have to say at every turn, where you are, what PC you are at, what you might buy, what you have to say - AT ALL TIMES.
NO privacy for you at all, on any level, ever. Soon the damn thing will be tapped into listening for your voice at the check out line - count on it.

Also notice that comments from the gov that someone who does not use Facebook might have 'mental issues' - yes, you read that right! They want the sheep tied into the grid THAT badly. Tell them to F-off.

You are not being logged, categorized or anything else any more than you are on here or by your cell phone, or use a credit/debit card etc.... If you think you aren't then you are kidding yourself.
In fact, I am sure the government knew everything there was to know about me and you before Al Gore even invented the internet.

PS, if you have NFA items then you can be sure that the gubmint has a detailed map of every little bump in your large intestine.

This is why our owners love social networking and why they promote it so much -

Software that tracks your every move and predicts future behavior draws heat ? RT

Again, every buy anything on credit? mortgage? etc....? Ever use netflicks? Cell phone? Youtube?
Swipe your debit card at the grocery store? subscribe to any magazines? Legally own a suppressor? Other NFA items? Vehicle registration? Post here? Then you are already up to your gills in corporate/government observation before you even thought about a facebook or twitter account.
The net was flung a very long time ago. We are all caught in it and children for decades have been born into it. You can dislike it, complain about it and accuse others of being stupid for participating in aspects of it, but you and everyone you know is caught in it.
Resisting it is nobel and good, but dont fool yourself into thinking that you are in any different position than anyone else because you dont have a facebook account. Starting a facebook account is like peeing in the ocean at this point. You are probably only missing out on finding a cherished old friend for the benefit of falsely perceived privacy.

All true, but purposefully adding to the pile of tracking info is just foolish. Plus Twitter should be left to 13 year old girls. Twittering twits.

true this is the first and only computer use I've ever .Wanted to get on for the buy sell side but then found it hard not to join a few good disscusions.Nice to talk with some good folks for once.Still don't trust robits though.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top