Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Facebook refuses non-gun related business from pawn/gun shop

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Tim Barnes, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Tim Barnes

Tim Barnes Tigard, Oregon New Member

Today I was informed that "because we are a gun store" we will no longer be allowed to promote our posts on Facebook. I am the owner of Tigard Pawn 4 More and I tried to promote a JEWELRY sale for the holidays through our Facebook page. The ad offered a 25% rebate / gift card when you bought jewelry to spend on any item in our store. When asked, Facebook responded with this: Hi Tim,

Thanks for writing in. I'm Vanessa and I'm happy to help.

Your ad was rejected because it violates the Ad Guidelines. Ads may not promote firearms, ammunition or weapons (ex: paintball guns, BB guns, knives, etc). Please note that the Facebook Page you are using as the URL or landing page for this ad is of a gun shop. This Facebook Page is a part of the ad, therefore the ad will not be allowed.

Learn more about prohibited content here:
    https://www.facebook.com/help/174908809241578/?ref=cr

Facebook had no trouble taking my $ for our Labor Day ad's. This begs a few questions

2. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Their website, their rules.
    Probably someone complained so they had to follow their own rules. Not much you can do about it but change your stores name.

Also, this looks like it's in the wrong forum since it's not legal or political.

Adam12 and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Grunwald

Grunwald Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA Well-Known Member

Do not give your money nor information to FecesBook.
    How can anyone do business with the Zuckerburglar company is beyond me.

By the way for those of you who don't know, per the FB user agreement, anything you put on FB is their property. That includes your pictures.
    Gets even better. The new user agreement allows them to use said pictures for advertising product on their platform.

1 person likes this.
  4. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

WHAT THE HAY

I belong to a Facebook group that at least half of the items being sold by private people are firearms. And to the best of my knowledge the group has had no trouble.

1 person likes this.
  5. Oklahomie

Oklahomie Marysville Active Member

Well good thing I'm too ugly for advertisements.

6. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

I'm of the opinion that if you have a facebook account, you're asking for trouble.

I'm active on a few forums. Here, talkglass.com, nasioc.com, etc, etc... But "social networks" are just the new party chat lines.

7. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

I do everything I can to discourage my Gkids from putting anything on any of those kinds of sites. All they do is make trouble for the people that do it and the invasion on them goes global. Too many predators.
    Not being on there is not a great loss.

8. BDA.45

BDA.45 oregon Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Whats facebook?

9. PX4WA

PX4WA Tacoma, WA Active Member

5187847325_a8605b70c1_z.jpg

10. tiggers97

tiggers97 United States Well-Known Member

I use face-book to network only, not socialize, with activist groups (i.e. pro-gun supporters) and watch the anti-gun groups. I cringe every-time I see a friend post something personnel about their life. Facebook looks friendly on the surface, but it really is a social/consumer data collection service used by political and business to "sell you" more goods and services. A social scientists dream, actually.

simon99 and (deleted member) like this.
  11. razormanxx

razormanxx eugene Active Member

12. Thebastidge

Thebastidge 10411 NE Fourth Plain Blvd Vancouver WA 98662 Well-Known Member

We have the same problem. We are not allowed to advertise anything because we are a gun store. I cannot advertise emegerncy supplies, safety gear, or outdoor apparel.

For the personal page users- this doesn't apply to "posting" something for sale. It applies to a paid advertising campaign (all that crap on the sidebar that is using the content you post on the page to target paid advertisements to your interests.)

Be aware- FB is notorious for deleting/blocking/banning users or businesses for practically any reason or none. We're working on making our website mroe interactive, useful, and interesting because who knows when some anti-gunner will go on a "reporting" campaign and report violations real or imagined to get you banned. There is literally no appeal process.

13. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

JUST DON'T DO FACEBOOK.
    It's NSA favorite monitoring site.
    Even employers spy on their employees and potential employees. Some even demanding their facebook passwords.

Grunwald and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Grunwald

Grunwald Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA Well-Known Member

If you know the story of FB, you know that Zuckerburglar ripped off couple of classmates that engaged him on the project.
    That right there tells me all I need to know about the integrity of the corporation.
    I have not and will not use it. It is rewarding bad behavior, even if you do not pay for any of tbe usage. They still make money due to your use of the site because the more users the higher the advertising rate.

Taku and (deleted member) like this.