Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Facebook is now closing Private Gun Selling/Trading pages

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by tacticalgunner, Nov 3, 2014.

1. tacticalgunner

tacticalgunner Wilsonville The Man, The Myth, The Legend Bronze Supporter

This may need to go into Political and Legal...
    Just seen a bunch of post were our lovely FB folks are shutting down pages that deal with the subject of Trading or Selling firearms privately. I have a mixed thought about it, its FB's options since its a free site, then i put on my other hat and say its BS......

2. nwwoodsman

nwwoodsman Vernonia Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer

Seeing as Zuckerberg is dolling out wads of cash in support of violating our Constitutional rights, this comes as no surprise

Throckmorton and Riot like this.
  3. Gaucho Gringo

Gaucho Gringo Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

A very good reason that we ought to thank the owners of sites like this.

4. tacticalgunner

I don't understand why Billionaires and celebrities are libs? Gets me because i don't understand it.

5. Flopsweat

Flopsweat Slightly right of center Well-Known Member

I left Facebook behind when I got sick of them changing security/privacy settings on me. Some of those settings are buried very deeply and take forever to find, which makes sense when you consider that they have a vested interest in you not changing them.

6. jluck

jluck Really,Really, Close to Newport Oregon 97365 Voted #1 Member

And yet people will continue to use this digital malignant tumor of man kind.

receo likes this.
  7. Monica Cowles

Monica Cowles Grays Harbor, Washington Member, NRA (Life) USCCA, ACLDN, SAF (Life) Staff Member Silver Supporter

I wonder if they are going after FB groups, also...I had a group disappear that I belonged to...o_O

8. BDA.45

BDA.45 oregon Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

What's Facebook?

9. tacticalgunner

That's what I mean, a lot of groups are disappearing today

10. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Who cares? Face book isn't my idea of the best place to talk about guns................or anything for that matter.
    Left there long ago.I don't care about the little BS people put on there.

11. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

I spent much of my youth moving from place to place and state to state working or going to school. Facebook isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread, but it does allow me an easy and convenient way to keep up with some of the people I care about that are just too far away to visit (Bulgaria, Mexico, Vermont, Florida, and many places in between). As a small business owner with a family, I just don't have time to send out hand written correspondence to all of them. It may not be a conservative site with a conservative owner, but it serves a purpose and serves it well. As can be said of anything, the potential exists for abuse of the system. But that won't stop me from using it.

I belong to a group similar to the ones they are banning today. They put up a notice this morning that they half expected to be banned. It's sad, and it's anti-rights, but its a private entity, not a government organization, so they have the right to make idiotic decisions, just like I have the right to decide whether or not to utilize their site.

12. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

It would be nice if someone with the means to do so could use their Saul Alinksy style tactics against these folks on a very public, national level. Call them out as the hypocrites they are. They cry for fair and free press, then use their money and power to shut down discussions and positions they don't agree with. Sure it's not a 1st amendment issue as it's a privately owned site. But considering the filth they do allow through, it simply displays the complete hypocrisy in their ways. They also enjoy calling out folks that don't agree with them as racists, bigots, religious extremists, homophobes, etc. just because people disagree with their point of view. We need to do the same to them and show the world who they are. Show how they use their vast fortunes to squash the rights of those that disagree with them.

These folks have worked for decades, using these tactics to shut us down, and they continue to do it. It really is time to turn it against them. It will take time for the message to kick in, but at some point, we may just win some folks to our side. Either way, when you see this stuff happening, don't just complain about it in a forum - speak out, loudly, in every way you can. Write people. Write the media. Inform your friends and family. Maybe, just maybe, we can turn it around some day.

Remember that word: hypocrites. Show folks they are exactly the thing they claim they're not.

antiscreed likes this.
  13. Martini_Up

Martini_Up NW USA Well-Known Member

I call my friends / family to keep in touch. I txt them pictures if they ask or I think they'll appreciate them.

14. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Same here, been a few years without it for me. Useless drama or showboating along with pseudo emotional causes/charities where everyone gets onboard with some crisis or another.. Only to find all of them forget about it the following month..

Flopsweat likes this.
  15. Sstrand

Sstrand La Grande OR Well-Known Member

If, at the end of the game they destroy YOUR FREEDOM, liberals are willing to take all the time it takes.
    It has always been so . . . It will always be so!!!

Sheldon

Mongo1 likes this.
  16. Capn Jack

Capn Jack Wet-Stern Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

FACE BOOK.....The electronic restroom wall...:eek:

jvbutter likes this.