JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This may need to go into Political and Legal...
Just seen a bunch of post were our lovely FB folks are shutting down pages that deal with the subject of Trading or Selling firearms privately. I have a mixed thought about it, its FB's options since its a free site, then i put on my other hat and say its BS......

I left Facebook behind when I got sick of them changing security/privacy settings on me. Some of those settings are buried very deeply and take forever to find, which makes sense when you consider that they have a vested interest in you not changing them.

Who cares? Face book isn't my idea of the best place to talk about guns................or anything for that matter.
Left there long ago.I don't care about the little BS people put on there.

I spent much of my youth moving from place to place and state to state working or going to school. Facebook isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread, but it does allow me an easy and convenient way to keep up with some of the people I care about that are just too far away to visit (Bulgaria, Mexico, Vermont, Florida, and many places in between). As a small business owner with a family, I just don't have time to send out hand written correspondence to all of them. It may not be a conservative site with a conservative owner, but it serves a purpose and serves it well. As can be said of anything, the potential exists for abuse of the system. But that won't stop me from using it.

I belong to a group similar to the ones they are banning today. They put up a notice this morning that they half expected to be banned. It's sad, and it's anti-rights, but its a private entity, not a government organization, so they have the right to make idiotic decisions, just like I have the right to decide whether or not to utilize their site.

It would be nice if someone with the means to do so could use their Saul Alinksy style tactics against these folks on a very public, national level. Call them out as the hypocrites they are. They cry for fair and free press, then use their money and power to shut down discussions and positions they don't agree with. Sure it's not a 1st amendment issue as it's a privately owned site. But considering the filth they do allow through, it simply displays the complete hypocrisy in their ways. They also enjoy calling out folks that don't agree with them as racists, bigots, religious extremists, homophobes, etc. just because people disagree with their point of view. We need to do the same to them and show the world who they are. Show how they use their vast fortunes to squash the rights of those that disagree with them.

These folks have worked for decades, using these tactics to shut us down, and they continue to do it. It really is time to turn it against them. It will take time for the message to kick in, but at some point, we may just win some folks to our side. Either way, when you see this stuff happening, don't just complain about it in a forum - speak out, loudly, in every way you can. Write people. Write the media. Inform your friends and family. Maybe, just maybe, we can turn it around some day.

Remember that word: hypocrites. Show folks they are exactly the thing they claim they're not.

I left Facebook behind when I got sick of them changing security/privacy settings on me. Some of those settings are buried very deeply and take forever to find, which makes sense when you consider that they have a vested interest in you not changing them.
Same here, been a few years without it for me. Useless drama or showboating along with pseudo emotional causes/charities where everyone gets onboard with some crisis or another.. Only to find all of them forget about it the following month..

If, at the end of the game they destroy YOUR FREEDOM, liberals are willing to take all the time it takes.
It has always been so . . . It will always be so!!!

Sheldon

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads