JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yes I know, why do I even bother with it. Well, usually I don't. Many years ago when it was a new thing, my Mrs. said I might like to have an account so I could see what our adult children were doing. So that was the basis of having an account. But it was for observation purposes, I didn't and don't actively post on it. What it's gotten down to is, once a year I go on Facebook when it's my birthday. My birthday was yesterday, people, including my sister, post BD greeting and out of respect, I acknowledge them. That's it. In fact, I had a difficult time logging in, I had to "recover" my account. I've found lately that if you don't use a website within a certain amount of time, they might lock you out. I lost my Amazon account that way. In that case, it turned out that recovery wasn't possible because I no longer had the password. Without my old password, there was no entry. I was told it was simpler to just create a new account. Pass, I'll just keep using Mrs. Merkt's account which is why I got timed out of my own.

But back to Fakebook. That site drives me nuts and when I use it once a year, I'm reminded why I'm not a regular user. (1) It's difficult to find the same thing twice. (2) Finding comments under posts can be bothersome. (3) There is commercial advertising in there that is formatted as if it were legitimate (if there is such a thing on the site) social media posting. It just so happened that one came to my attention for was a bogus product that Mrs. Merkt had ordered on ebay. It was so bad that we returned it, and the Chinese company that sold it tried hard to get us to accept less than full value price reductions. This Facebook ad in the guise of a legit post was for this crappy product, and had tons of favorable comments. These are just the things that annoy me at a practical level; you can read about all sorts of other evil things they do.

FB long ago stopped being about what YOU wanted to see and became what THEY want you to see. The algorithms are designed to keep you a) angry and b) engaged...usually by keeping you angry, and c) brainwashed.

Not really sure why anyone who likes freedom would spend any time there any more but, to each their own I guess. I only keep my account so I can now and then drop in to see stuff from buddies who no longer live here and kids.
Edit:
I forgot we did use it regularly for a few weeks years ago for dogs. When ours had to be put down and Father In Law had to put one down we did find several more using them. It did work fine for that.

My wife is addicted to FB, I've quit it going on five years now. As stated above, it's all about what they want you to see, not what you are looking for. Plus, when FB's owner testified in front of congress, he was asked about certain practices and confirmed them. Including an algorithm that they knew would increase the likelihood of a teenage girl committing suicide but get more clicks, they opted for more clicks.

I don't do MSNBC or CNN either.
Those two I do turn on quite often just to see how they are spinning something and see what they are choosing to pretend never happened. Watching them now and then tells you exactly why we have so many people running around who have no clue what is going on. MANY still only watch the legacy media news. So now and then when they "hear" some truth they just write it off as some kook, until something finally happens where they live.

I have no idea why anyone who pays attention to what is going on in the world currently has anything to do with facebook.

But hey, life is easier if you just roll over for the machine...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top