Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Facebook defriending sparks murder?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mkwerx, Feb 10, 2012.

1. mkwerx

mkwerx Forest Grove, OR Well-Known Member

Facebook "defriending" led to double murder, police say - Yahoo! Finance

The article is a bit lean on info - but it seems that a married couple was murdered after defriending a woman on facebook (the final straw, no doubt, in an ongoing problem between them). The un-friended woman's father and cousin pay a visit to the married couple, shooting both and slitting the husband's throat. Their 8 month old baby was found alive, still clutched in the dead woman's arms.

WTF, over?

2. Mac_Fan

Mac_Fan Beaverton Active Member

Seriously, I have no idea what to say after reading that?

borrowedsig and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Facebots and Twittering Twits. Useless.

4. DinhRose

DinhRose Austin, Texas (Ex-Pat of SE PDX) Active Member

Where's the unlike button for this case?

5. Mac_Fan

Mac_Fan Beaverton Active Member

Now that's funny!

6. kathrineM

kathrineM USA New Member

Thanks to your post and links, well rising realization that friendships on the social network have less weight than do the “real” friends we interact with in person. However, some have been known to take it to the point of deadly seriousness like what you have posted. In these article I've read Facebook "defriending" on the rise that new study appears to suggest that Facebook "defriending," post-deleting and photo tag removals appear to be escalating trends on the website. The study seems to suggest that Facebook users, once trusting and open in their online socializing, have become jaded enough to take action toward protecting their privacy. The study indicated that 11 percent of Facebook users say they have had regrets about things they posted on the social network. In this case, men are represented in larger numbers than women. Fifteen percent of men responding mentioned having regrets, compared to 8 percent of women.

7. bnz43

bnz43 eugene Active Member

with friends like that who needs enemys!

8. mkwerx

mkwerx Forest Grove, OR Well-Known Member

Cuz they're full of drama and you don't want that? Cuz you were friendly with them, but not close - and learned more about them and decided they were someone you don't care to share personal info with? Maybe you're just sick of them, and decided not to be friends with them anymore? Lots of reasons. When I had a FB account, I'd cleanse my friends list monthly to boot anyone I didn't actually talk to, people I was sick of, and family members that were nothing but drama hores. All of that nonsense, plus the "Timeline" feature, made me pull the pin on the whole FB thing. I don't regret getting rid of FB one iota. Waste. Of. Time.

Not to mention, when you're seeking certain types of employment, it's easier to just not HAVE a FB account, than to sanitize it to make it employer-friendly...

borrowedsig and (deleted member) like this.
  9. moose

moose northwet coast Well-Known Member

facebook-drama-over-employee-firing__oPt.jpg

I have a facespace account. Dont use it much, mainly I have it to access family pics.

The glaring one thing I've noticed about it is most people seem to think they are more interesting than they actually are.

10. pokerace

pokerace Newberg Well-Known Member

OH THE DRAMA THE DRAMA