JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Now I'm afraid that will just confuse them,
sometimes I just call them dems:eek:
I get where you're coming from. That said I've been recently watching Dave Rubin's You Tube shows and it woke me up to this. He was a long time Progressive that left the Dem party. His story of why he left the left is pretty fascinating. There's a big difference in a leftist and a True Liberal. Sorry if I went to long.

But I think it all this grouping that is separating us from like minded folks as many won't discuss with the other unless its the whole package .
Very true. I'm more a Conserviterian (Conservative/Libertarian) but when I talk to my Liberal friends we often end up in the same place on issues. We do like to take a different approach, but I find keeping the dialogue open is very helpful when trying to win them to a position.

You may have seen Yahoo's new policy it wants you to agree with. They merged up with AOL and Verizon. There's little left unscrutinized anywhere in the cyberworld.

Information You Provide to Us. We may collect the information that you provide to us, such as:
  • When you create an account with an Oath Service or brand. (Please note, when your use our Services, we may recognize you or your devices even if you are not signed in to our Services.) Oath may use device IDs, cookies, and other signals, including information obtained from third parties, to associate accounts and/or devices with you.
  • When you use our Services to communicate with others or post, upload or store content (such as comments, photos, voice inputs, videos, emails, messaging services and attachments).
  • Oath analyzes and stores all communications content, including email content from incoming and outgoing mail. This allows us to deliver, personalize and develop relevant features, content, advertising and Services.
Underline and bold 'all' provided by me.

How in the world does someone else reading my incoming email content become helpful to me? Or something I "provided"? They mean "allowed for capturing".

Last Edited:
It pretty funny as I consider myself a conservative but I am not extreme right, but because I might own a gun there is an assumption that I abide to all conservative ideology and I don't. I try and do the same and not address liberal, or Dem hard habit to break, but so many here in this group are liberals and dems and progun and thats just how it is.
But I think it all this grouping that is separating us from like minded folks as many won't discuss with the other unless its the whole package .
This is why I prefer the broader term "Conservative Spectrum," encompassing the entire right half of the grid including Libertarians and Classical Liberals, as opposed to Marxists, Wilsonians, Fascists, Stalinists, Maoists and Sixties New Leftists. :)

Well allow me to be a detractor of sorts here. We need to recognize the reality of the world we're in right now - social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. are a huge part of the way that many, many people gather information. It's their news feed. It's their social outlet. For some, it's the only way they connect with folks online. Blogs and forums are useful, but in many ways have very limited reach. These days, if you want to reach a big crowd, the reality, like it or not, is that social media is almost a necessity.

Now, do you have to make those social media spots the place to necessarily have all the conversations? Probably not, but as a place to make announcements, connect to people that don't know what's going on, and, hopefully, driving them to a site like this is probably the only way we can hope to reach enough people with the message to fight things like IP43. I don't like social media, but I recognize that it's one of the best ways to reach very large numbers of people. Do we really think enough people will stumble on this site to make a huge impact on the election? Out of 40,000 or so members, how many actually actively read and participate in the forum? And of those, how many are actually Oregon residents? We need to reach a lot more people - so if OFF and others see it as a way to reach more people, then I say more power to them. I won't go there for my updates, but many will. Their anti-IP43 site jumped to 11,000 followers in a very short time - that's a pretty impressive gathering of folks that are getting regular updates on the status of IP43 - and that's good news for us.

At this point, I try to avoid doing things that easily give folks like FB more info about me. But I am also quite certain we're all being tracked by many, many sources we are not aware of, every day. I seriously doubt any of us have any real online privacy.

We need as many people on our side to fight this as possible - if FB, Twitter, etc. help reach more people, then I guess that's just the way it will have to be.

And yes, I hate FB, but I do regularly use Twitter - it's my newsfeed/aggregator, and it actually works really well for that purpose - since I choose who/what I want to follow. I also know I'm not the only one hear that relies heavily on YouTube - a full on Google owned site - you know they're tracking you there. I get the ire so many have for FB, etc., but I do really think if we're to gain support and spread the word, we have little choice but to use them - wisely and sparingly.

Personally, I think if we can find ways to use their sites against them, that's just a bonus for us.

Last Edited:
This is why I prefer the broader term "Conservative Spectrum," encompassing the entire right half of the grid including Libertarians and Classical Liberals, as opposed to Marxists, Wilsonians, Fascists, Stalinists, Maoists and Sixties New Leftists. :)

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fajournalofmusicalthings.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2FYeah-Thats-Right.jpg

I don't think many people today have much of an idea about what a 'classical liberal' really is - the term 'liberal' has been so distorted/twisted over the years - once people hear 'liberal', they shut down.

I don't think many people today have much of an idea about what a 'classical liberal' really is - the term 'liberal' has been so distorted/twisted over the years - once people hear 'liberal', they shut down.
I know I am way guilty of imposing that term as rule, hard habit to break.

I know I am way guilty of imposing that term as rule, hard habit to break.

Yeah, a lot of people are guilty of that, I've done it too. But looking into 'classical liberalism', I find there are certainly things I could agree with, maybe not fully embrace, but there are some positives. Not sure how many folks still hold to this type of liberalism.

Yeah, a lot of people are guilty of that, I've done it too. But looking into 'classical liberalism', I find there are certainly things I could agree with, maybe not fully embrace, but there are some positives. Not sure how many folks still hold to this type of liberalism.
Being a 60's kid I thought I was in the middle most times and maybe even leaning left, but as time went on I was pulled more and more to the right. I tend always side on civil rights regardless what they are and is what I used to think Liberalism was at least partially, Now it doesn't appear so.

I have never had a Facebook account either, but used to use my wife's for browsing gun and 2nd Amendment sites for about a year. I quit after my wife complained about some of the content she was getting.

The NRA now has a Facebook page and has been bragging about it. Every time that I get an email from the NRA about their new page, I send them a nasty-gram about how anti gun and 2nd Amendment Facebook is. I also tell them that I understand the need to use social media to counter the far left, but they need to rethink their methods. The last time that I went to the page, it was filled with trolls trying to disrupt and irritate the supporters. I try to tell them not to engage with them, but it doesn't seem to be getting through.

I don't have a solution, but I know that Facebook isn't the answer.

Being a 60's kid I thought I was in the middle most times and maybe even leaning left, but as time went on I was pulled more and more to the right. I tend always side on civil rights regardless what they are and is what I used to think Liberalism was at least partially, Now it doesn't appear so.

I started on the left, raised primarily in a left-leaning household. My first 2 presidential elections, I was registered and voted D. As I moved through my 20's, I found I was more center/right and moved that way more so the older I got. Still, I would consider myself center-right, not hard right.

Dont forget Trump won with the help of social media esp. Facebook.

If you want to get the pro 2A message out to the fence sitters, millennials etc., there is only one way nowadays social media and Facebook is by far the largest platform.

Facebook is certainly biased and collecting your information... but I have news for you everything you have posted in this forum is too.

I don't know whats going on with OFF but Facebook has plenty of gun groups including evil black scary gun groups.

I have never had a Facebook account either, but used to use my wife's for browsing gun and 2nd Amendment sites for about a year. I quit after my wife complained about some of the content she was getting.

The NRA now has a Facebook page and has been bragging about it. Every time that I get an email from the NRA about their new page, I send them a nasty-gram about how anti gun and 2nd Amendment Facebook is. I also tell them that I understand the need to use social media to counter the far left, but they need to rethink their methods. The last time that I went to the page, it was filled with trolls trying to disrupt and irritate the supporters. I try to tell them not to engage with them, but it doesn't seem to be getting through.

I don't have a solution, but I know that Facebook isn't the answer.

I think the answer when it comes to OFF and the NRA is build your own forum. Ive had several and they are fairly easy to do if you have some tech knowledge. Why they feed the antis on Facebook I have no idea.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top