JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all who care about survival:

You should check out The Survival Podcast. It's done by a guy who knows his stuff, is interesting, and isn't a wacko. He has almost 10,000 listeners a day.

The forum for podcast is mind-blowing: 60,000 posts well organized and searchable. Almost 3,000 people registered on the forum. Every conceivable topic on survival--from wilderness survival to urban melt downs and everything in between--is covered on the forum and in the daily podcast.

Here's the web site: www.thesurvivalpodcast.com.

You can search iTunes for "survival podcast."

Basically, a podcast is an online radio broadcast that you download and listen to as an mp3 file. Lots of good info to be found in them all over the Internets. :)

You guys might also really like Tom Gresham's Guntalk. The archived broadcasts are here:

http://guntalk.libsyn.com/

A lot of focus on 2nd Amendment issues, but also good coverage of other firearms stuff. The show itself can be heard on some radio stations on Sunday afternoons (Medford, for one location).

To add to this.........you can listen to it on your computer, you can save it on a CD and play it in most newer cars, you can "download" it to an SD card and listen to it on a Phone, you can download it to any iPod.

It's really great stuff once you get past the first few roadblocks.......it opens up a whole new world.

I've listened to his (survival podcast) stuff. Its decent. I tend to pick and choose what I am interested in rather than being a devoted everyday listener. He has tackled some good topics, and seems to revisit them as new suggestions are made by other experts or by listeners. He doesn't seem too proud to update his thoughts. Thats a good start.

You can download ITunes (even without an IPod) and can then get these podcasts and others free. They will play on your computer, you don't have to be IPod savvy to listen.

Hey Elsullo, I like a couple of PodCasts of gun shows and outdoors shows which you might otherwise miss if not in local radio or if not at a time which fits your schedule. Grishom's gun talk is sometimes good. A nice gal here mentioned one which is pretty good though I miss it sometimes. I'll have to do a search of back posts in the forum to find it again.

I'm also a fan of the Preparedness Podcast. I like some of their concepts. As an example, they don't tell you to go out and buy X, Y, and Z. They tell you what you need to be able to do and let you decide how to. For instance, you need to have three different ways to make a fire. They don't tell you to get matches, a zippo, and a flint/magnesium stick, they just tell you that you need to have three independent means of making fire.

Their shows are longer, usually 1.5 hours, and some of them are a little less interesting to me personally.

-Brian

sweet, I'm really getting into these. I've downloaded about 70 of the shows and have them all on my ipod and have listened to about 15 of the shows so far, he has some really good stuff. Great info on investing and property too. Thanks for the link, it's my new favorite.

You need to go to his website and download episode 69. It is all about how to get your spouse involved. What I really like about this podcast isn't just the great information (a lot of other survival podcasts have that already) its that I can get my fix of great information on a daily basis. Of course that means it is taking me forever to get caught up to current broadcasts (I started somewhere at episode 190-something). I just hate having to wait a week or longer for another episode and I don't have to wait with Jack.

-Brian

Thanks for the reference. I'm getting some good info from Jack. I like to download and let the mp3 play on my computer while I'm scanning NWF, Gun Broker, etc.

Liked the recent one about squirrel hunting.

-Ken

I am glad to see that there are other TSP fans here!! It is certainly catching on. I think Jack is great and the show has covered a lot of good topics in survival. I listen almost every day on my way to work.

I think this might be one of the best resources for preppers of all walks of life. I think that this is a great place to introduce people to survivalism too- most of the folks around here are sensible and already have a sense of preparedness, but may lack some direction on what to do next.

I have called in a few times with questions- he really does a good job of addressing most listener questions in his QA shows. It is pretty cool how interactive he has made this podcast.

One thing I like about TSP is that Jack doesn't waste time beating around the bushes. I've stopped listening to other podcasts because the hosts would drone on and on and on and on and on about the same topic(s).

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top