Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

FA Sig Lower for sale

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by 2Wheels4Ever, Jan 23, 2014.

1. 2Wheels4Ever

2Wheels4Ever Portland Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

2. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

There is NO paperwork with it, it is not a firearm. On the Sig the upper is the registered part, i.e. the gun.

This lower, other then being cool will not alter the function of your rifle.

Also there are NO legally registered full auto "units" (guns, sears, ext) that were made after 1986 for civilian transfer.

3. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I didn't realize that till I looked closer at my SIG556R. Yep, the serial number is on the upper.

Deen
    NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
    "Defender of Freedom" award
    NRA Recruiter
    Second Amendment Foundation Member
    Washington Arms Collectors Member
    Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

4. Nwcid

Its kinda funny that the major of firearms have the "upper' as the registered part, yet because of the AR using the lower everyone assumes that is how most guns are.

5. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

Yes, quite a great deal, yep, then you can use your newly purchased ($18K) 3D printer to make the upper and then you would have an impressive "GHOST GUN"...

6. Outrider

Outrider Oregon Active Member

It gets even weirder when you look at FN's FNC. Some of the carbines that were imported into the country have their serial number only on the upper and some have their serial number located only on the lower. This issue popped up with FN's FNC when people were installing registered auto sears.

7. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

And with the Ma Deuce (or was it the 1919?) one of the receiver's side plates was the registered part.

8. Nwcid

All the guns of that same style.