JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

F2F Handgun Purchase

• No I haven't and would not

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Absolutely. It's your right, not illegal, (yet), and there is no paper trail for nosy tyrants to follow.

If you are worried about whether the gun is stolen, a quick call to the OSP can verify the gun's status. You need not identify yourself or the seller to the police. Only the serial number and make/model of the gun are relevant.
If you are worried about being robbed, meet for the deal in a very public place, and take measures to ensure your own security.

Good luck.

Absolutely. It's your right, not illegal, (yet), and there is no paper trail for nosy tyrants to follow.

If you are worried about whether the gun is stolen, a quick call to the OSP can verify the gun's status. You need not identify yourself or the seller to the police. Only the serial number and make/model of the gun are relevant.
If you are worried about being robbed, meet for the deal in a very public place, and take measures to ensure your own security.

Good luck.

How about here in WA... WSP offer the same service?

There are a few people on this board that I trust more than any store. I actually have purchased several handguns F2F.

Take advantage of your rights... while they still exist!
FTF deals or FFL deals... honestly no preference. It all depends on where the gun is- if I want it, I'll buy it from you, get it shipped from Oregon, or buy it at a store. I've met many great people from this board in parking lots at malls, McDonalds, Starbucks, etc. and would readily do repeat business with em all.

I don't know of any other way to legally buy a gun.

Unless "Face to Face" means only buying privately from a non-FFL dealer, in which case that should be the question so everybody would understand the context.

I am sorry if I take the question too literally, that is what I do.

So, if buying privately is what is meant (non-FFL), then yes, I would and have bought that way - not very often though. Most of my non-FFL buys have been at WAC gun shows where I bought a private collector's firearm.

At an Oregon gun show it doesn't make much different because you have to do the background check either way and that includes the gun serial #

Generally I would be pretty careful as already mentioned, and I would probably only buy from someone who I could verify had some kind of history in the community.

It would be nice if NWF had some kind of buying/selling rating system like eBay does.

BTW - I have sold a rifle to someone I never met face to face; it was an FFL dealer in AZ. He bought a rifle of mine that I advertised online, sent me his FFL and a check. I cashed the check and mailed him the rifle through the Post Office. Yes, you can do that - I was surprised. I was also surprised that a person who didn't know me, who had not seen the rifle in person, would send me a check for $2800, but he did - I wouldn't have.

As far as I know he still has the rifle - it is still on his web page. It was kind of a unique rare rifle, I kind of hated to give it up.

Security Arms | Firearm Photo Archive

1277313030.jpg

I have one f2f sell on here but it doesn't show up in my feedback score, I have to dig around to find the comment that nice gentleman left.

Anyway I prefer f2f you never know when you might make another friend!

How about here in WA... WSP offer the same service?

Not that I know of. But I've only lived here 67 years so far.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

It would be nice if NWF had some kind of buying/selling rating system like eBay does.

There is a feedback system on NWFA pretty similar to ebay, just doesn't offer links to specific transactions which I think is fine. Could be a bit more robust but for a forum site, its pretty decent. Just need to put it to good use on a consistent basis.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top