JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have not participated in shooting events before so this will likely be a dumb question to some, but... What is a F-Class shooting event?
Thanks,
James

http://usfclass.com/

What is F-Class?

By far the fastest growing shooting sport, F-Class is shot prone at distances of 300 to 1200 yards. Competitors may use almost any caliber rifle, a scope, and a front and rear rest or bipod. F-Class shooters use targets half the size of (and often shoot concurrently with) the world's long-range Palma shooters. F-Class is an ideal sport for beginning competitive shooters, both male and female, young and old. Click here to learn more about this shooting discipline.

I wish I lived closer to a range, or had a piece of property. I'd organize some action myself. I've heard whispers and rumors, but never seen definitive match dates or open events.

Tri County Gun club has 600 yard shooting on the 3rd Saturday of the month. It is sort of a combination of High Power, Bench rest, and F-class high power. So far, they have done really well using the type of target that you want to use. The shoot isn't a match, but rather a chance to practice at 600 yards. They also shoot on some Tuesday evenings. If you PM me, I will get you the name and phone number of the coordinator (Pete).

Last winter participation on the tuesday evening (start time is 5:30PM sharp, be there at 5:15) fell off, so Pete cancelled many of them. As the new schedule doesn't show which Tuesdays they will shoot, I'll refer you to Pete. Pete is really friendly, and easy to get along with..

Depends on what part of WA you're in... but it's all over. Seattle Rifle and Pistol Assoc aka Machias is a good place if you're on the wet side (500yd).... but it's also fun to get out to the others... "cascade" in Wenatchee is a good one (you shoot over a race track) (600yd).

Here's where you can download the schedule for Washington State ...
<broken link removed>

I think allot of people have problems finding F-class matches because they don't know it just a sub-division of high-power.

Tri County gun club has a 600 yard range. Practice is Tuesday evenings starting about 5pm. They have matches on Saturdays. Tri-county has a web site that will show you the calendar. Non-members can shoot matches, and are usually welcome at the practices.
Check with Pete for details. Pete is really helpful, and a fine fellow to boot.

If you're looking for F-class events, check the Douglas Ridge Calendar. The Burden Memorial is next weekend (may be full by now - not sure). The Burden is a Palma match, but pretty good group of F-Class shooters participate. Additionally, the range hosts the NW International F-Class Championships each August. The dates this year are Aug 5-8.

Also, for more about F-class shooting, Darrell Buell posted an article about F-Class shooting on the SavageAccuracy.com website. I'm not trying to promote Savage - but it's a good introduction to what it takes to get started. Darrell (and Stan and John) shoot F-T/R, but there is also F-Open. Just depends on where your interests lie.

Last Edited:
what's required for a non-member to shoot in one of the events at Douglas Ridge? Is there an orientation or a qualification ahead of time?

Not that I'm aware of. We have shooters coming down from Canada this year - and we've had shooters from Ireland and Scotland in the past and there would be no opportunity to qualify or get oriented. There's usually some type of safety briefing before the match starts in the morning, but that's it. The RSO's make sure everyone is "being safe".

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top