JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
@Ura-Ki you were wanting one...? ;)

From article
Restoration: Currently 80-85% completed
– Airframe has undergone a complete IRAN per U.S. Navy standards
– Dual Controls installed in the rear cockpit
– All components overhauled to "0 time" condition
– Aircraft has been completely rewired
– Fuel system rebuilt with new fuel cells
– All hydraulics rebuilt with Stainless Steel lines
– All three hydraulic systems overhauled
– 2 pneumatic systems overhauled
– New wheels and brakes

Only a cool 3.9 million;)

The saying on the F4 went......if you put big enough engines on a brick, it will fly. This has money pit written all over it for maintenance and operating costs.

But it would be fun ;)

My flight instructor was an F-4 Phantom pilot, just like that one in the Navy. He loved the plane. Said it was a ton of fun.

I got enough Airplane stuff coming outta places I didn't know existed, all I need is more, especially a Jet, which is entirely outta my league! Now if some one else were funding the whole thing, I would be down for adding some High Perf Jet Hours to the log book!:s0155:

But it would be fun ;)

My flight instructor was an F-4 Phantoms pilot, just like that one in the Navy. He loved the plane. Said it was a ton of fun.

When we got back from Korea in 88, my dad took me up to Bremerton and got us a tour of the Nimitz. They had F4s on board. Not sure if they were reconnaissance aircraft, or what. I remember thinking it was pretty cool.

I got enough Airplane stuff coming outta places I didn't know existed, all I need is more, especially a Jet, which is entirely outta my league! Now if some one else were funding the whole thing, I would be down for adding some High Perf Jet Hours to the log book!:s0155:

I'll be your RIO :p

When the Oregon Air Guard used to fly F-4's out of Portland, my grandfather would take us to PDX to watch them land over the top of our heads. Watch them hit the runway and deploy the chutes. Loud, obnoxious planes. I love 'em!

I got to back seat in a few F-4G's, was more fun then any thing mere mortals like me could ever imagine! I was supposed to go for a ride in an F-16 two seater, but plans changed and I got the F-4 instead! Wouldn't trade one nano second of that experience for anything!
Also got to back seat in an F-15 and while that was just as cool and just as impressive, there was a real difference in the two, that F-4 was way quicker and when my pilot pushed the throttles all the way forward, that beasty shoved me against the seat back HARD and held me there! I cannot even describe the feeling of having more power behind you then the entire line up at a NASCAR race!

There are still 24 of them on active duty in Utah, all are the latest greatest WW tail code airframes! Hanging out near Fort Huachuca and you will some times see them come down the canyons doing a mock run on the fort dogging A-10's and F-16's! It's impressive to see, if only for a few seconds! Every now and then you see them rotate through Davis Monthan AFB, and the approach is right over the house there, so I get to see what ever toys they have playing around there! Nothing will ever be as cool as Ol'Smokey!

I always had a soft spot in my heart for these. They were for many years the mainstay of our air force. That bottom pic is from the '73 Yom Kippur war.
When I was in Lebanon in the early '80's, there was no sound quite like having one of these coming in above you having your back.

51832F75-0CDF-4018-9DEB-8DB8FD7EA9A5.jpeg B1608118-6DBB-483D-8854-E95C8BA465C6.jpeg

Last Edited:
I spent most of my 20 years around these bad boys! Ever wanna meet a serious pair of Nuts, talk to the pilots that fly this mission, these guys are certifiable! Any one that goes out with the intent of getting the bad guys to shoot at them on purpose is nucking futz in my book, but these guys are about the coolest cats out there!
1568088749165.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads