Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

f-16's flying overhead

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by cstmp8r, Feb 4, 2010.

1. cstmp8r

cstmp8r vancouver Member

I work indoors so i'm not sure if this is something of the norm or not. But I have seen f-16's flying overhead 3-4 times in the last few weeks. Is this normal or is something going on here that nobody is sharing?

2. Bhowe

Bhowe Seattle Member

I don't think they were 16's, looked stubbier. I believe they were being revamped in Everett.

3. jmh119

jmh119 Hillsboro, Oregon Member

The Oregon Air National Guard, at PDX, flys F-15's. Not sure of the frequency of their flights per day, but it is not unusual for you to notice them.

4. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

They've been flying over central Oregon a lot in the last two weeks as well. Makes me wonder if they aren't having training exercises in the Northwest this month.

5. parsons_12b

parsons_12b LaPine Oregon Well-Known Member

The Oregon Air National Guard just finished a big remodel in Kfalls I believe it is aircraft returning back down there but I'm not positive.

6. PMKN_PI

PMKN_PI Milwaukie, Oregon, United States Active Member

Fighters flying overhead are one of the few things I see regularly that I take pride in my taxdollars paying for.

7. cstmp8r

cstmp8r vancouver Member

Yeah I wasnt sure if they were actual 16's or not.. just military fighters. Love seeing them fly!

8. bcp

bcp SW WA Member

Once you see the spotting differences they are easy to tell apart.

F16 on top, with single rudder, single intake under cockpit, and single exhaust.
    F15 on bottom

F15F16.jpg

9. Will

Will Everett Active Member

We are a week away from Olympics in Vancover BC, I expect a lot of military air traffic for the next few weeks in the PNW.