JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
F16_Accidental_Discharge_20.jpg

Oops! :eek:

F-16 Completely Destroyed by Another F-16 After Mechanic Accidentally Fires Cannon On The Ground

HOW do you "accidently" fire a 20mm ???????
Isnt there a rule about keeping the muzzle pointed in the safe direction too......lol

I gotta say - coming on the heels of all the F-22's "intentionally" left in FLA and destroyed by Hurricane Michael, this makes me wonder if there is a larger agenda.

Yes - My tin foil hat is pulled down tight:mad:

Not a U.S. aircraft or in this country! Couldn't have happend here, no American aircraft are ever armed unless on alert, and there are very specific safety procedures that have to take place before one of those aircraft is moved, including removing all 680 rounds of ammo from the aircraft and the crew chief has signed off on it, and his assistant confirms both the gun safety flag is installed and the ammo has been removed!

Fake news story, that F-16 was not shot by any thing, it was burned or had a near explosion. If it had been hit by a 20 mm, there wouldn't be much left to identify it as a F-16!

Last Edited:
Not a U.S. aircraft or in this country! Couldn't have happend here, no American aircraft are ever armed unless on alert, and there are very specific safety procedures that have to take place before one of those aircraft is moved, including removing all 680 rounds of ammo from the aircraft and the crew chief has signed off on it, and his assistant confirms both the gun safety flag is installed and the ammo has been removed!

Fake news story, that F-16 was not shot by any thing, it was burned or had a near explosion. If it had been hit by a 20 mm, there wouldn't be much left to identify it as a F-16!

You're correct, it was the Belgium AF.... Belgian military are actually in a soldiers' union, good luck docking his pay with a statement if charges for THAT!! LMAO. :s0112:

BTW- Aren't there several safety switches that have to be flipped (in sequence) in order to actually arm the thing to fire? o_O

Correct, You would have to have the aircraft mounted on special test equipment and it would take several personal to run the test firing! The Aircraft must be "fooled" into thinking its in flight, otherwise the computer would override the fireing command!

Gut tells me this was a taxi accident!

No big deal...
....some Bondo, some Ductape, a couple spray bombs, and she'll be back to sitting abandoned on the Belgian Air Force tarmac again, good as new and ready for photo ops.

I refuse to say anything negative about Iron Eagle or any of the enjoyable patriotic 80's movies. Next you'll be asking me to criticize FireFox or Kelly's Heroes.

Maybe they disabled the safeties, cuz the only safety they need is the professional pilots trigger finger :D other buttons, switches, and safety levers get in the way.

I'm not saying that the movies are realistic, I just enjoy them for the entertainment they are. : ) It's similar to grandma's apple pie. Even if you find a stem, you keep eating with a smile on your face!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top