JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From what I understand, they're fairly well-made pistols. Since the Titanium-Aluminum alloy frame appears better than I had expected,the pistols seem to be a real bargain! The 3.9" PP length barrel will extract more performance from the .32 ACP than the 3.35" barrel of the PPK.

The .32 ACP is one of the "best kept secrets" in handguns. People are surprised with they realize that a well-placed hot FMJ has a tnedency to perform as well, or better, than any .380.

The secret is... most American loaded .380's leave the barrel at the same velocity as the .32 ACP. The larger frontal area and slightly heavier weight bullets won't make the .380 even remotely approach the power level of the 9mm Luger cartridge. (The shorter barrel doesn't help much, either.)

A nice hot .32 can penetrate just as well (or better) than a number of .380's and shoot better in similar sized handguns. (The source of the infamous Walther "hammer bite.") This is caused by using a cartridge with a higher recoil impulse in a handgun engineered to launch a cartridge with a lighter impulse.

Makes sense, doesn't it?

Scott

"most American loaded .380's leave the barrel at the same velocity as the .32 ACP. The larger frontal area and slightly heavier weight bullets won't make the .380 even remotely approach the power level of the 9mm Luger cartridge. (The shorter barrel doesn't help much, either.)"

Agreed and that is why I only buy Fiocchi, RWS or older hot .380 ammo. WWB is ok for plinking/practice. I have some Yugo that is VERY HOT and made my MAC 11, open bolt run very well. It's almost too powerful for the FEG, Walther, Beretta, and other small .380's :s0155:

Thanks for the feedback! I like the 32 Auto. Fiocchi and S&B cartridge brands are what I usually buy for this caliber.
Europeans nations issued 32 auto pistols for it's police forces for many years, so I guess the caliber is effective!
I will try to post a report after I test the FEG AP 7.65.

I have one of the FEG pistols, I think it's the APK, it's the same pistol as the walther PPS IIRC, mine is an all steel gun chambered in 380, I had to do some tuning to it when I got it, given the previous owners lack of mechanical skill when reassembling after cleaning, however after fixing it (needed a new ejector), it's a great little carry gun, unfortunately it's a bit heavy for being a strictly pocket gun, however it fits nicely in a IWB holster.

For carry I keep it loaded with winchester PDX-1, which is the same I carry in 9mm and .45, it's been a very good performing round, granted I've never shot anyone with it. But I have done water tests and it works as advertised.

The two things I will say for it, like all "large caliber" pocket pistols, it's quite loud, and has a fair amount of recoil, if you're looking to stay on the cheap end of the spectrum it is a good buy, however if you have more money to spend and are looking for something lighter/more powerful, I would probably recommend stepping up to the S&W featherweight J-frames (titanium cylinder, aluminum/scandium frame). They are arguably smaller (but a bit thicker) and are definitely lighter.

FÉG Model AP7.65 Pistol.

Hungarian Weapons FegArmy FEG Pistols

It looks good and solid; I know is a small caliber and the magazine holds 7 rounds, but since is compact enough maybe good for summer carry.
I know they are PPK types and is the same as the FEG PA-63 but chambered in 32 Auto (7.65 Browning).

Anyone in this forum has experience with these Hungarian Made Pistols?

I think that the hotter the FMJ, the better. As my mentor Erich Martel said "Shot placement is king, penetration is queen, everything else is angels dancing on the heads of pins."

I'd rather bet on a well-placed FMJ than hope that an expanding slug (from a subsonic cartridge) may expand while achieving adequate penetration inside a BG's body.

No, I'll place my money on the odds that a hot FMJ will will penetrate (and perforate) the bad guy's "innards."

Scott

Range Report: Took the FEG AP 765 to the range yesterday,
shot 24 rounds of Italian Made Fiocchi 7.65 Browning (same as 32 auto)
73 grains FMJ cartridges. No failures at all, the pistol performed flawlessly.
Set the target at 15 feet and at first I was shooting about 2-3 inches left, then
I got used to the fixed sights and was able to get 2.5 inch groups with my last 10
shots. Pistol has good balance, recoil is very mild.
I tested only in SA (single action) mode because when a round is loaded the
hammer is cocked and the trigger is pulled to SA position automatically, I'd say the
SA pull is about 5 pounds, after the live fire test I pulled the trigger in DA mode
(dry fired only) I'd say the pull is about 14/15 pounds.
No tools needed for dissasembly and cleaning it is easy.

For me this little pistol is a keeper. :s0155:

Range Report: Took the FEG AP 765 to the range yesterday,
shot 24 rounds of Italian Made Fiocchi 7.65 Browning (same as 32 auto)
73 grains FMJ cartridges. No failures at all, the pistol performed flawlessly.
Set the target at 15 feet and at first I was shooting about 2-3 inches left, then
I got used to the fixed sights and was able to get 2.5 inch groups with my last 10
shots. Pistol has good balance, recoil is very mild.
I tested only in SA (single action) mode because when a round is loaded the
hammer is cocked and the trigger is pulled to SA position automatically, I'd say the
SA pull is about 5 pounds, after the live fire test I pulled the trigger in DA mode
(dry fired only) I'd say the pull is about 14/15 pounds.
No tools needed for dissasembly and cleaning it is easy.

For me this little pistol is a keeper. :s0155:

Yeah, buddy! I'd like to see how the pistol would perform using Buffalo Bore ammunition.

Scott

Thanks for the report!
I've been thinking on getting the FEG AP765, for my wife.
She wants a "James Bond" gun. I really don't want to pony up for an actual Walther. Since she's only wanting a plinker. I'm looking at getting myself a P32. I could load for both, that way.
From what I've read, here and there, Walther contracted through FEG to make the PPL or PPK/L (or whatever the aluminum framed Walther was?). I don't believe there's any titanium involved with these?
Also European manufactured ammunition is usually recommended, for reliability. Something to do with extractor groove differences? Just a well, the Fiocchi 73gr FMJ, is what I want to use. Both for SD and saving the brass for reloads.

I know it's not popular thinking but, I too, lean towards .32 over .380. At least as far as mouse guns and being sub 9mm/.38spl., are concerned
Neither is very inspiring. So I'll take the extra round and less recoil.

Thanks for the report!
I've been thinking on getting the FEG AP765, for my wife.
She wants a "James Bond" gun. I really don't want to pony up for an actual Walther. Since she's only wanting a plinker. I'm looking at getting myself a P32. I could load for both, that way.
From what I've read, here and there, Walther contracted through FEG to make the PPL or PPK/L (or whatever the aluminum framed Walther was?). I don't believe there's any titanium involved with these?
Also European manufactured ammunition is usually recommended, for reliability. Something to do with extractor groove differences? Just a well, the Fiocchi 73gr FMJ, is what I want to use. Both for SD and saving the brass for reloads.

J&G sales still shows they have the FEG ap 765 available, that's where I got mine. Description says alloy frame (black or natural alloy), the one I got is all black, with flat grips and no markings on the slide.

FEG AP 765 Semi Auto Pistol, 7.65 Browning / 32ACP, Good to Very Good Condition. Used.

I collect feg pistols and the ap series is my favorite to shoot.
Get the recoil springs and hammer speings from wolfd to lower the trigger and soften recoil

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

PrDubi: Since you collect Feg pistols , do you know if the magazine for the Pa-63 works with the ap 765 ? I have read in other forums they do.

Thanks.

If you want to do more upgrades. I recommend doing the Wolff spring upgrades.
The hammer spring change is really easy and helps bring down the D/A trigger pull.

The recoil spring if upgraded to a heavier weight helps bring down the recoil intensity of the .380 and other models and makes it a bit softer.

20120219_145354.jpg 20120219_145430.jpg

This rotten thread turned me into a FEG nut ! :) Three weeks ago I'd never heard of them . Now I have the PA63 in 9mm Mak, PA 63 in 380 , SMC in 380, and AP7 . Currently the walnut grips are on the PA63 380 .

DSCN1416jpg.jpg