JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I did this with JHP ammo, took them out of their original packaging and vacuum sealed them to save space, etc. I'm considering doing the same with extra magazines, rather than their bulky original packaging (Glock mags). But is that a good idea? If I ever decide to sell them it will be easier to sell them in packaging than out of their packaging.
I do not keep any of mine if the packaging but, if you are thinking of selling them at some time? Then yes, keep the packaging intact.

Great thanks, I have plenty of tested Glock mags I use regularly. That's not the topic of the thread. This is purely for stock piling. If I ever need them I would test them, but even that is unlikely at this point. I've carried and used the same magazines for nearly two decades...just remember the $100 used Glock mags during the ban, so I figured I'd get even more. I have plenty of the Korean ones as well that work well, but wanted to get more factory ones as well.
YEP. If you want to save them for possible sale keep them as they came. When the great mag ban was looking to sunset I sold a LOT of mags. I had laid in enough to hold me for life. I took a gamble and made a killing off them. I had opened all of mine and still made a killing. If they pass another ban, which the way it's going they will, it will all come down to if they grandfather again. If they do the mags will soon be worth multiples times what they sold for originally.

I used to load them once to see how they feel, then I used to unload them, but not any more. All my mags are loaded.
In the present circumstances, I just think it's prudent. ;)

Exactamundo!

I seriously don't understand buying something you don't intend on using. Are you buying magazines on speculation you'll be able to resell them during a panic and turn a profit? Is that small profit a serious increase to your financial position? If so, I'd suggest a reassessment of your finances and spending habits. There's MUCH better ways to make money out there.

Personally, the $1.90 I *might* make on a magazine someday isn't worth the time, effort and brainpower to keep track of all that crap.

Once I have all the mags I "need" loaded and then my set of back ups accessible, I keep additional mags I acquire in original packaging. The plan is that I may sell or trade them in the future. Maybe to friends in need, maybe on the market.

I don't count on them going up in value like an investment, but the reality is, they have and do. It's more likely than needing 20+ mags for every gun I own or ever going through 1k rounds of self defense ammo.

Heck, been buying Glock fun sticks when on sale over the years, didn't even have a Glock. But everyone else does. My $18 add on Item "investments" are $35+ all day long today. Pretty sure its up from here. (Btw, discovered P80 builds, so back in the club).

Wasn't that long ago $10 Pmags were going for $30. Bricks of .22 >$60
I could make a killing today off a $8 (plus rebate) box of 9mm bought before Christmas.

Part of being prepared is being diversified. There are lots of ways of preserving wealth. Food, PM, guns, ammo, real estate, stocks. Same saying applies to all of them: Buy cheap and stack deep.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top