JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
MLK Day 2019 was a day of community service for an Albany man. @Rem700..300 (Craig), of Albany Oregon, spent his day on Mary's Peak, in Benton County, picking up trash at dispersed target shooting sites in the Mary's Peak recreational area.

Craig MLK Day 19 1.jpg

His efforts resulted in removing 460 pounds of junk and 48 pounds of recyclable brass from 5 spots where people partake in routine target shooting.

Craig MLK Day 19 2.jpg

Craig is actively involved in the routine maintenance of our places to shoot on public lands and advocates for being responsible when shooting by removing your own trash and spent casings.

Craig MLK Day 19 3.jpg

Kudos to Craig for his Random Act of Cleanup and his show of respect for the privilege of shooting on public lands. A true volunteer at heart.

Craig MLK Day 19 4.jpg

Being responsible is easy if you prepare before you go. Take extra trash bags, gloves and a picker. Clean up is required by law and is part of our everyday recreational activity.
#StewardshipKeepsItOpen, #PublicLands #TrashNoLand

On MLK Day 2019, @GMGen and a couple buddy's provided a very nice service for recreational shooters at North Fork Wolf Creek Shooting Lanes. He painted yardage numbers on bricks

Yardage markers.jpg

and they installed them at lane 2!

20190121_084520-1-jpg.jpg
More are planned for lane 3 soon.

Very nice and well done! Thank you!

I shoot near Salem I always take a couple of trash bags and a lawn rake to pick up garbage. Lots of shotgun hulls,steel casings ,boken bottles, and the "targets". Some peoples kids weren't raised right! And yet they complain about shooting areas being shut down.My little rant ☺

I shoot near Salem I always take a couple of trash bags and a lawn rake to pick up garbage. Lots of shotgun hulls,steel casings ,boken bottles, and the "targets". Some peoples kids weren't raised right! My little rant
That's what it take, jr, a little at a time. It helps to report about it because it encourages others to see people caring and they may decide do the same. I'd like to see everyone be reporting on their mini 'Random Acts of Cleanups'! Pics say a lot!

Frustrating, but we do what we can. Thanks!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top