JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I'm building a new pistol from parts in my "parts box." .. and I've come to realize something.

Who are these crazy long mag release buttons for? I'd imagine it would pop my mag in a ccw situation from just walking around and moving from sitting to standing. Is there such a thing as an extra strength Glock mag release spring?

I filed mine down, heated it up with a little micro torch and poked it with a steel brush to take it down to a more sensible length. Still extended, but more practical.

16794280598155907721770326669692.jpg

As a lefty, I use my trigger finger to drop the mag. I find an extended release can actually rub on trigger finger as I'm shooting, which I find more than a bit annoying, so standard mag releases are much preferred.

As a lefty, I use my trigger finger to drop the mag. I find an extended release can actually rub on trigger finger as I'm shooting, which I find more than a bit annoying, so standard mag releases are much preferred.
Fellow lefty, concour.
I had an extended release on my G19 for exactly one day....it stuck out far enough that I dropped the mag when I bumped up against the door of my truck.

Better too long than too short, you can do what you did but you can't add to one.

As a lefty, the stock Glock mag release to too short and too sharp, their extended version is too long and too sharp. The Vickers/Tango Down is like the Baby Bear's stuff, just right.

I've had to shorten an extended mag release twice before. In both cases, the factory release was difficult to activate, but when I tested the new one, just pressing against the outside edge of the holster could drop the mag. Annoying at first but in retrospect, it allowed me to optimize it to my application.

Better too long than too short, you can do what you did but you can't add to one.

As a lefty, the stock Glock mag release to too short and too sharp, their extended version is too long and too sharp. The Vickers/Tango Down is like the Baby Bear's stuff, just right.
That's what I'm trying to copy, and match my texture to. I'm renovating right now so I can't bear to part with even a little money.

I've had to shorten an extended mag release twice before. In both cases, the factory release was difficult to activate, but when I tested the new one, just pressing against the outside edge of the holster could drop the mag. Annoying at first but in retrospect, it allowed me to optimize it to my application.
This is my fear. I might buy some spring steel wire stock and just make a stiffer spring while I'm at it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top