JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought an extended mag for my Remington 870 SuperMag (handles the 3.5" shells too). Problem is: with the extended mag, the orange follower gets stuck on two small indentations at the very end of the original mag; therefore I cannot actually get any extra shells into the magazine.

What's the solution...should I grind out the small indentations to allow the follower to pass that point? Is there any downside to doing this?

Or, is there some special follower I need to get to make the extended mag work?

If anyone has dealt with this, let me know your thoughts! thanks.

Some where I read you can press a large socket into the tube to remove the dimples and allow the follower to pass by... I was lucky as my 870 didn't have these dimples.

Well, I tried the socket method. Didn't work, maybe I didn't have right socket size, but 11/16 was too big and 5/8 was a tad small, as it turned out. I ended up using the Dremel to grind down the indents. Everything seems to work well. Only downside I can see is the shiny spots of metal will be prime targets for the Rustmonster...but I'll keep it clean and dry so that won't be a problem

Thanks guys for responding.:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads