JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought an extended mag for my Remington 870 SuperMag (handles the 3.5" shells too). Problem is: with the extended mag, the orange follower gets stuck on two small indentations at the very end of the original mag; therefore I cannot actually get any extra shells into the magazine.

What's the solution...should I grind out the small indentations to allow the follower to pass that point? Is there any downside to doing this?

Or, is there some special follower I need to get to make the extended mag work?

If anyone has dealt with this, let me know your thoughts! thanks.

Some where I read you can press a large socket into the tube to remove the dimples and allow the follower to pass by... I was lucky as my 870 didn't have these dimples.

Well, I tried the socket method. Didn't work, maybe I didn't have right socket size, but 11/16 was too big and 5/8 was a tad small, as it turned out. I ended up using the Dremel to grind down the indents. Everything seems to work well. Only downside I can see is the shiny spots of metal will be prime targets for the Rustmonster...but I'll keep it clean and dry so that won't be a problem

Thanks guys for responding.:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads