JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Word is that Frontier Armory in Nevada bought out Extar, so no new order are being fulfilled until all of the production tools are moved up from Arizona. Frontier Armory has been selling the Extar EXP556 and said that they will add the Extar EP9 pistol as well as a much asked for Extar EXP 300 Blackout without a buffer tube. I s#it you not. The Extar EXP300 will have a vertical pic rail at the rear so you can add an "Arm brace" like the ones from Sig or SB tactical.

Word is that Frontier Armory in Nevada bought out Extar, so no new order are being fulfilled until all of the production tools are moved up from Arizona. Frontier Armory has been selling the Extar EXP556 and said that they will add the Extar EP9 pistol as well as a much asked for Extar EXP 300 Blackout without a buffer tube. I s#it you not. The Extar EXP300 will have a vertical pic rail at the rear so you can add an "Arm brace" like the ones from Sig or SB tactical.
Dang, a 300 blackout with an sb folding brace at extar prices and reliability? I don't think I could resist that one. I added a small piece of vertical pic rail to my hk416 22lr clone for exactly the same reason and absolutely love that configuration.
4A2765EA-E795-46FF-BE65-A11DADF723BB.jpeg
16B86840-432E-424F-A4BD-4B35DA67C393.jpeg

I want to give a big thank you to Extar for donating the EP9 we gave away for our fundraiser. We were ready to purchase one and inquired about reserving one. You can imagine my surprise when they declined to let us pay for it!

The person I've been in contact with at Extar wanted me to clarify this :)

New Frontier Armory back in January purchased from us only the rights to produce the EXP5.56 pistol line that we had discontinued and that only. They have not had and will not have any involvement with the EP series pistols that we produce and will be expanding upon here at Extar.

From New Frontier Armory:

Earlier this year New Frontier Armory purchased the EXP pistol line and moved component manufacturing and assembly to their production facility in Nevada. They've worked very hard and as quickly as possible to set up all the parts in house and are now in the final stages of assembly, testing and QC. We should have EXP-556 Mk1 and Mk2 pistols back in stock at all of our dealers and on the website for sale by the first week of December and are now set up to be in much better control of production with the ability to constantly meet demand. Thank you for your patience while we got this project sorted out.

The EXP-9 with no buffer tube should be late winter. It has a rear vertical pic rail and we'll have a buffer tube adapter as well.

An EXP-300 Blackout pistol, also late winter.

From New Frontier Armory:

Earlier this year New Frontier Armory purchased the EXP pistol line and moved component manufacturing and assembly to their production facility in Nevada. They've worked very hard and as quickly as possible to set up all the parts in house and are now in the final stages of assembly, testing and QC. We should have EXP-556 Mk1 and Mk2 pistols back in stock at all of our dealers and on the website for sale by the first week of December and are now set up to be in much better control of production with the ability to constantly meet demand. Thank you for your patience while we got this project sorted out.

The EXP-9 with no buffer tube should be late winter. It has a rear vertical pic rail and we'll have a buffer tube adapter as well.

An EXP-300 Blackout pistol, also late winter.

Interesting. We need to add a "eating a bag of popcorn" emoji to this forum ha ha.

From the info above only, it looks to me like New Frontier is the producer of the EXP line (which I think already has no buffer tube?) and Extar no longer produces that line. Looks like there will be a EXP300 Blackout in the future.

Looks like Extar is the producer of the EP line. There is some expansion planned apparently for the EP line but no specifics given in the info above.

FYI here are some DIY videos on how to attach a folding adapter to the extar EXP 5.56. The same type of techniques can also be used to add folding adapters/braces to other guns that don't have a functional buffer tube.

You mean "EXP"... apparently the 2 companies are fussy about the distinction ha ha. I'd love to shoot the ep-9 and exp-9 head-to-head someday to see how big the differences are.
Thanks to @Joe Link and EXTAR for my new EP9. Maybe one of the last ones built. As far as price goes, @xtratoy , mine was free. I will be happy to participate in the head-to-head when someone gets the EXP9.

just bought a EP9 from Extar USA. For those people trying to get one, they release them on their website at 3PM Arizona / 4PM Pacific Time on the days they are available. "Out of stock" button will refresh to "buy now"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top