JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So a buddy of mine got felony driving while suspended. Is there a way to get that removed from his record? He got this almost 10 years ago and nowadays the same charge would be a misdemeanor. So does anyone out there know the process to get that off his record? Thanks for any help.

Might need a lawyer to do some paper work or he may do it himself,but it can be done. Even in California!! So Oregon should be easy. As long as there wasn't any robbery,violence or death involved. I know a kid who killed someone (veh.hom) about 10 years ago.He said the gov'ner would have to sign off on it. He's not thinking his chances are good.

But yeah,they should have all the info at the court house for your friend

Good luck

The OP's buddy may not need more than some court papers "IF" his felony wasn't robbery or any violence charges
And yeah even then he may try a Gov's pardon.

From what I've seen, a court filing should clear things up. Just responding to the governor remark. ;)

That's what his lawyer told him

You know Gregoire? Doubt she will sign off so he can get his gun rights back.

The object of a governor's pardon isn't getting his gun rights back. It's a wipe-the-slate-clean "I've been a very good boy for a long time and deeply regret my stupid mistakes of the past." second chance.

Yes, it includes gun rights. But it's more than that and if it was me, that's what I'd be going for.

I have close friend that just had his record exspunged..When he first filed some neighbors he told were not pleased with it. so they waited till the middle of the night and called the police for disturbance (marion county). The police show up let them selves into his house and arrest him for interfering with police. Well my buddy was smart enough to call me while this was going down and on my answereing machine was the police screaming get up or we will taze you. Long story short he was aquitted on interferring he has his gun rights back and marion county officers 8 of em didnt fill out reports have some explaining to do. This just happened had his paperwork signed this week.

I had a similar problem. When i was 18 i got a felony and lost all my rights. Well I'm 29 now and just got my CCW... Its taken a long time and a nice chunk of pocket change but it is well worth it. I got my record vacated not expunged. After you get your records vacated, you then have to wait 2 years to get your records sealed and to get your 2nd amendment rights back as well.. That doesn't mean the judge is going to sign off on it. I just got my 2nd Amendment rights back maybe 6 months ago, but he wouldnt seal my record. But im fine with that cause every background check I do on myself nothing shows up at all. ALSO when you Vacate your records you get all your rights back except 2nd amendment. You just gotta take that extra step 2 years later if you really want to own weapon. Good Luck! Email me if you have any questions. Im at work and couldnt take my time to write this message clearly.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top