JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just opinion again but the over regulation of anything from guns to hunting really hurts commerce. The tax base come from commerce and to put it in decline takes money out of the state's pocket but they don't care if it fits the agenda they want because they can always tax something else.

Lic fees and the cost of hunting is making it unaffordable but look in the long run what it really cost the economy if hunters dont' hunt. Same with the gun shows, look how much is taken from the economy when taxes and regulations ruin them. The states agenda is to stop hunting and gun sales so unless you replace those in state government you get more of the same.

Just to do a two day show at Portland the cost to a vendor in one table rent ($65) parking ($8) gasoline and time (?) only to have folks try to beat you down to the last Nickle for your stuff. Why would any small vendor want to do that? The food at the shows suck so you have to pack a cold lunch. Sit and watch people pick up your guns and drop them all day and no matter how good of a deal they want more off the price.

You have to pack a ton of stuff in to fill the table so at least something sells to pay the expense. You can't turn your back for a moment or thieves steal your stuff. The small guy looks at it like "how much am I willing to pay and go through to sell my stuff?" Of course the small vendors are not there any more.

The small vendor sells on the net now and even that is a pita.o_O

Hey, I resemble those remarks!

Except I refuse to pay Portland Expo for their parking. Parking on Marine Drive is actually more convenient now, anyway. What killed the big two-hall 1000 table gun shows was that the Expo had the city mark off all that free parking between the expo and Heron Lakes Golf Course. I asked one of the honchos there and he just replied "I don't know anything about that."

More recently, they've even put as much cyclone fencing barrier as they can between the old building and Marine Drive, just to deter people from parking across the street. When I asked the same guy about that, he said that was "to keep the homeless people out." Right.

I'll either sneak in on my motorcycle during riding season (use to love that gay little "Bicycle Entrance" on the south side, but now it's even easier) or park on Marine Drive. I'll never pay those bubblegums for parking. Besides, hey can't even afford to pay anyone to monitor their parking lots, anyway (just love how long-term collapse / societal decline works).

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top