JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Good evening,

The Oregon State Police have started allowing Oregon FFL holders to enter Firearm Background checks on the Internet.

We have been using the new system all week! It works great!

Less than a minute, and we can enter more than one at a time.

At the Expo Gun Show this weekend we will have our computer. Keep your fingers crossed, maybe no more waiting on hold on a cell phone.

Thank you,

Karl & Jeani

That is awesome and thanks for letting us know.
Glad to see a vendor who thinks like this, just chaps me when I have to stand around for a half hour waiting for the check to get completed.

THe background check worked great at the show. I bought a 1942 Japanese Arisaka and had it in my hands in less than 5 minutes.

BTW, the show was great. I was thinking about going back. Tons of stuff I've never seen at the Collectors West show before. This was definitely not the 'same ol' show that normally is just a waste of money. Since I'm a WWII collector it was of particular value to me. Here's the Arisaka (all matching except dust cover):

top_mid_mum.jpg

-Thirtycal

This system is OR state only? If so, doesn't work on WA resident?

And just curious, what kind information you put on there? You know now days with internet privacy and stuff.

I would be concerned about how the browser is set up. I didn't go this weekend but I assume the vendors are using their own systems. Depending on how the browser is configured, it could hold form entry information for a considerable period of time, well beyond just the current session.

elsie

I would be concerned about how the browser is set up. I didn't go this weekend but I assume the vendors are using their own systems. Depending on how the browser is configured, it could hold form entry information for a considerable period of time, well beyond just the current session.

elsie

Kind of like a Form 4473 does? :s0131:

We have one dealer that uses this up here.
They have used it for some time.
Types in the info,waits a couple seconds,looks at you and either shakes his head yes or no.

Yeah but its limited exposure compared to a computer that gets compromised with a virus/trojan.

I kind of walked you in to your response so that I could point out that the State Police database, the Fed database, and the transfer in between the two suffers the same exposure risk, as does the interception of info from dealers using cell phones at gunshows doing the BG check manually. :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top